Peak 5W-30 Dexos 1 Gen 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen it at a few stores,I do know that a LOT of products all come from the same factories like Warren oil just with different labels on them (and different prices). The main difference is just a label change or a bottle change in the assembly line. I have strictly used TSC oil for the last 3-4 years since I live within a few blocks of a TSC store, and I am not into switching brands just to be switching, but I would not hesitate to use Peak and it would do as well as TSC or NAPA oil.. probably made at the same factory with just a change to a blue bottle and a new label.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I'm wondering how that 0W20 has a d1G2 license with a NOACK loss of 13.8%...thought it had to be 13% or below?

It’s called a variance.

My 'speculation' would be the topic Peak Syn 5w30 same as the made/blended by Warren Dist-WPP WM Super Tech Synthetic meeting the same spec. Interestingly the Dexos listing shows, like Peak, the ST Syn 0w20 meeting the spec too. Never seen ST Synthetic 0w20 at any WM store or online.

I'll be visiting my sister in Kentucky next week. She sent me a pic of a Rural King add that showed them selling/clearing out Peak Synthetic: $1.37/qt, and a little under $6 for a five quart jug. Not bad for a Dexos 1 branded oil. I would have loaded up had I been there this week. She did offer to buy a much as I wanted and get it next week but I didn't want to put her through the trouble. I do 5k OCI's and the Peak would have been just fine.

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I'm wondering how that 0W20 has a d1G2 license with a NOACK loss of 13.8%...thought it had to be 13% or below?

It’s called a variance.

Pretty odd to advertise based on a "variant" batch...why not post the numbers from the batch that actually allowed them to pass the dexos specs?
I mean, the number they gave doesn't even round down to 13%...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back