96R Battery Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 14.4v it should be all right.. I believe that at that voltage pressure there should be no issues for a AGM battery. Wrcsixeight could verify can this for sure. One thing I know wrcsixeight will say is that these AGM batteries do actually "like" a higher charging rate. Which means you would be just fine in this case. I'd bet good money that your voltage would drop down rather quickly after a engine start up. Mine sure does.

To answer a question from way earlier, the battery I currently have has a sticker that says shipped July 2015. So it's really too young to be giving up the ghost.

I'm sure that odyssey is a good battery but that size is not 96R and has less CCA and reserve than the standard wet battery. I'll keep looking for AGM that's a drop in 96R

They won't replace it because it takes a charge and passes a load test. Battery has to be shorted or not start the car to get a warranty or pro rata replacement.

After a full charge I think it's fine. The batteryMINDer is doing its thing desulfating the plates and it cranks the engine right over no problem. It's possible that the load I had on it with the stereo was enough to sap it considering it's never had a proper charger put on it. It may have been undercharged when I bought it.

In any case, if it does poop out I'll go pick up the east penn O'Rileys battery and continue on.

Last edited:
I'd bet you are spot on with that SilverFusion. That battery likely was not charged up enough when you got it. Now that you have put a kicking rear end charge on it I bet it will be good to go.

It would not surprise me to find it didn't have a complete charge when sold. There was also a period of time where I was extreme short tripping a lot. I'll post a pic of the plates if I remember when the sun is up tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back