2018 Toyota Camry LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was thinking of trading in my 2012 Camry L in mint condition with 25K for the new 2018 LE model. Any opinions?

The 2018s are really nice. I was thinking of trading in my 2015 for one.

What are you after? Nicer wheels, better options, better 0-60, ....?

I mean, I have an '11 Camry with way more miles which I have no good reason to get rid of--so I'm not sure why you'd want to trade. Other than being bored with the Camry--which is not surprising--but why you'd then want to trade into yet another Camry... not sure why.

Why are you stuck on the Camry? Especially since you obviously don't keep them for 20 years / 200k miles? The Honda Accord and Mazda6 are better choices. IMHO that spaceship-looking dash is horrid.

Last edited:
OP has owned the car for 5-6 years. He doesn't need a reason to trade it. Agree with yearly miles that low he could look at most anything and never have a problem before the next trade. Someone will be getting a great used car..

Originally Posted By: kam327
The Honda Accord and Mazda6 are better choices. IMHO that spaceship-looking dash is horrid.

No, not really. The Camry ranks number one followed by the Legacy and Optima. I forget where the Mazda 6 falls, maybe 4th in the CR Buying Guide. The Accord didn't make the list since a new one wasn't available. All cars that fall into this segment are on their "Recommended" list. Except for one, the Malibu.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I would wait for the 2018 Mazda6.

And then the OP could be a Beta Tester for new-for-2018 cylinder deactivation on the Skyactiv-G. First time on a 4 cylinder engine here: what could go wrong?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: kam327
The Honda Accord and Mazda6 are better choices. IMHO that spaceship-looking dash is horrid.

No, not really. The Camry ranks number one followed by the Legacy and Optima. I forget where the Mazda 6 falls, maybe 4th in the CR Buying Guide. The Accord didn't make the list since a new one wasn't available. All cars that fall into this segment are on their "Recommended" list. Except for one, the Malibu.

How sad that Consumer Reports is your only reference for car reviews.

"Although family-sedan shoppers who prize driving engagement will be better served by a Honda Accord or a Mazda 6..."

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-toyota-camry-se-25l-test-review

Originally Posted By: 007
I was thinking of trading in my 2012 Camry L in mint condition with 25K for the new 2018 LE model. Any opinions?

How many miles do you drive a year? Consumers Reports states the new 2018 Camry requires a little more ducking to slip in the the seats.
Pay attention to that and see if it bothers you which it may or may not depending on your height.

Oh thats a mayor update; those Camrys ‘12-15 I hate see them on the roads!

Those ‘18 Camrys starting at SE options level are extremely nice to me!

Motor trend tested the new Camry and Accord side by side.
Their conclusion was that Toyota built a better Camry but Honda built a better car.
As one poster remarked even Motor Trend said the Camry door shutting was hollow while the Accord sounded more solid.
Personally i like the looks of the Camry better.Much better looking then the old model.

Originally Posted By: Danh
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I would wait for the 2018 Mazda6.

And then the OP could be a Beta Tester for new-for-2018 cylinder deactivation on the Skyactiv-G. First time on a 4 cylinder engine here: what could go wrong?

Right. They're sure to explode under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back