1M mile pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2003 4Runner with that V8 and I'm hoping it's a forever vehicle for me. At 13 years and 165K+ miles, there has been nothing but routine maintenance. Nothing has failed and it drives down the road like new even though it is driven on terrible dirt roads and I tow a horse trailer. I've posted a recent UOA and the numbers look really good.

Toyota makes some winners! Remember the miles driven at operating temperatures have minimal wear.

I have a 24 year old 1993 Toyota 4x4 p/u with 2.4L 22RE engine at 160,500 miles. Nothing but routine maintenance/repairs yet, only timing chain replaced at 155,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
It's interesting that a Toyota employee did not know that the 4.7L V8 has a timing belt, not a chain.

I'm sure he knows that it's a belt and not a chain. A camera shoved in your face can make your mind work a little differently sometimes.

While that's impressive, it's not the only or first vehicle to do 1 million miles.
Million Mile Van

How's this for an extended drain:
Quote:
The longest I’ve went between oil changes is 55,000 miles.

Last edited:
My lady's 98 Camry is another good Toyota that can run and run and run. It really rides very well too given it's age. My step father's 96 Avalon has 312k miles on it. Zero work on the motor or transmission. Pretty doggone good.

It's also interesting that the truck is a 2007 with the older 4.7 engine.

I have a 2014 Tundra (5.7L) and it was my first Toyota. Prompted me to get the wife a Sequoia when her CR-V was totaled.

Since I cannot buy a GM product any longer and have no interest in F/C, never cared for a Ford, a Korean vehicle and felt like Honda is sliding downhill, Toyota was my only choice, especially since I wanted a full-size truck and wanted the next "family vehicle" to have a full-size, real frame with conventional RWD, there were little options.

It's all good. I'm 100% sold on Toyotas now.

The Tundra is really a 3/4 ton truck. Toyota will not rate them like for several reasons- most being the stupid weight rating restrictions for a vehicle in the northeastern states.

I dunno, I thought the payload was pretty low--it's like 1,255lb for my truck. Far cry from anything decent.

Yesterday I was looking at snowplows and a number of sites indicated that the Tundra really needs bags up front to deal with the extra weight.

Front diffs and steering racks are pretty weak. AIP's are too but that's a different issue. Spark plug tube gaskets are starting to become a common complaint it seems.

Toyota makes some nice trucks for sure, but they are way too expensive used for what they are. Sure they are very reliable, but the price you pay for a good used one even with fairly low mileage will buy a much newer model truck from another brand.

One of my friends just bought a 2008 Tacoma TRD 4x4 with the 4.0 V6. The truck had 80k miles, with some definite surface rust on the frame, and was just over 20 grand. It was the cheapest one he could find with under 100k miles, and it is still almost 10 years old with a really basic interior.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have gotten my truck if the economy wasn't still recovering in 2013--and if it wasn't a stripper model at that. Tundra though doesn't seem to have the status of the Taco. I still like mine but have started wondering what I'd replace it with.

Originally Posted By: thooks
The Tundra is really a 3/4 ton truck.

The Tundra is firmly a half-ton.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: thooks
The Tundra is really a 3/4 ton truck.

The Tundra is firmly a half-ton.

5/8

Attention all BITOG shoppers … please refrain from mentioning 18 wheelers … bad enough those get drug into PCMO threads

The van is at least red apple and green apple … amazing runs by both …
Spare me a photo of the van’s drivers seat … when BIL traded his 400k Chevy … seat looked like it fell off a truck at 80 mph … and then another ran it over …

Yeah, I would expect more seat wear. Maybe it got replaced once already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back