2007 Hyundai Accent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased a 2007 Hyundai Accent. The fluid was black as used diesel oil. So I have already done two drains and fills with Maxlife, around 2 1/2 qts each time. Doing it one last time, also adding a bottle lubegard red this time. I got a good deal on some Castrol transmax import, should I just use it or buy some Maxlife.

I use Maxlife/LG red in my 2008 Elantra and it shifts great. I agree that the Castrol should work well also.
It was smart to do 3 D&Rs in order to replace the maximum amount of old fluid....
What's the mileage on your 'new' Accent?

Originally Posted By: pbm
I use Maxlife/LG red in my 2008 Elantra and it shifts great. I agree that the Castrol should work well also.
It was smart to do 3 D&Rs in order to replace the maximum amount of old fluid....

It has 190,000 on it.

Originally Posted By: Granason

It has 190,000 on it.

Just out of curiosity, but is that 190,000 km or miles? Also curious to know if the drain and fills affected the shift quality? For that matter, was the transmission serviced with drain and fills before you bought it?

Originally Posted By: dorcheat
Originally Posted By: Granason

It has 190,000 on it.

Just out of curiosity, but is that 190,000 km or miles? Also curious to know if the drain and fills affected the shift quality? For that matter, was the transmission serviced with drain and fills before you bought it?

Miles
Yes, the transmission definitely shifts smoother and quicker.
Service history is unknown but it has been done before, as the drain plug is almost rounded,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back