idemitsu 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i searched. only sales posts come up.

so who is actually using this stuff in their car/truck. if so, interval of change?

right now I use mobil 1 0w20 for 8-10k oci's. before I go buy it for the sale, who uses it and have you for multiple changes now?
thanks

You sure you're able to find some still on sale? Most are snatched up by now.

I wouldn't hesitate to run this oil exactly as you did with the Mobil 1. It's high quality stuff. I've got some in my 2014 Mazda 3 right now. 1,000 miles in.

Originally Posted By: Artem
You sure you're able to find some still on sale? Most are snatched up by now.

I wouldn't hesitate to run this oil exactly as you did with the Mobil 1. It's high quality stuff. I've got some in my 2014 Mazda 3 right now. 1,000 miles in.

don't know, not going to call and see, shows in stock at some locations.

i guess I will see if any is around, not sure what I will do with it. Maybe I will dump it in the rav4, has to be better than what toyota is using for 0w20, since I am sure they are using 5w20 bulk and not what is required.

now that the rav4 is coming out of warranty, and I used my free oil changes, I will start servicing it. Looks like it may be getting idemitsu for life if they have enough.

They have a problem with showing in stock during online inventory search but are sold out when you check for physical stock in store, so be aware... shelves may be empty.

Originally Posted By: Artem
They have a problem with showing in stock during online inventory search but are sold out when you check for physical stock in store, so be aware... shelves may be empty.

I hear you. Need to get out, not too far away, going to go after dinner. Hopefully they have it, all other locations show sold out.

so two stores, 20 miles driving, 3 gallons. 3.05 each after tax

Was hoping for more. One more store to go to tomorrow, 10 miles other way. Shows they have quarts

Originally Posted By: 93cruiser

Was hoping for more. One more store to go to tomorrow, 10 miles other way. Shows they have quarts

That you got some after all this time of its being on clearance is a nice score.
I can drive twenty miles for less than a buck sixty in fuel, so even adding fuel cost in, ya done good.
If you want to try for a little more, then why not?
Part of the fun of finding cheap oil is the thrill of the hunt.
I'd try ghetto and country stores near areas I regularly drive through, since ain't nobody in either area with any use for a 0W-20.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: 93cruiser

That you got some after all this time of its being on clearance is a nice score.
I can drive twenty miles for less than a buck sixty in fuel, so even adding fuel cost in, ya done good.
If you want to try for a little more, then why not?
Part of the fun of finding cheap oil is the thrill of the hunt.
I'd try ghetto and country stores near areas I regularly drive through, since ain't nobody in either area with any use for a 0W-20.

I am going for more, tomorrow. I will be down that way then, was not going to make a trip tonight. Not that it is far, just doesnt make sense, and its cold.

I am just going by the online indicator, seems accurate and saves me from the ghetto. The two stores now show no stock after I went to them.

Hoping they will have cases of the quarts, we shall see.

so I guess my 3 gallons will be used in the Rav4. It has 59k on it now.

It takes 5 quarts I believe, so if I can't find more, or even if I do, I was thinking 4 quarts of Idemitsu and 1 quart of Mobil 1 5w20 synthetic. The 5w20 seems to have more additives than 0w20 for mobil 1. This will be for a 10k oci. Since it has been going 10k on dealer oil, I am sure this will do fine. Plus, its only the RAV4, not my Tundra.

I tried it in my 2008 Ranger with the 3.0 Vulcan. It’s even quieter than the 5W-20 Magnatec I did have in it. It used to have a minor tick at startup. I think it’s the boron and moly in it that helps. It’s a similar additive package to Motorcraft.

so i took the drive, none in stock. computer showed 2 quarts when i arrived, shelves had none in back or out front.

right now sitting at 3 gallons still, but with an ace up my sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back