hand lotion for cold weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Keeffe's Working Hands, worked amazingly fast to soften up my rough dry hands.

CVS moisturizer. If I remember to use it before car crawling, my hands clean up easier too.

Last edited:
My cracking occurs along the knuckle. I've found the trick is to keep your hands moisturized *before* they're chapped to the point of cracking. Once my hands have started cracking, it's too late and it's more about healing them than moisturizing.

I use Gold Bond Diabetic lotion. I'm not diabetic, but my mom is and I first borrowed some while visiting my parents. I apply every night before bed. That's usually enough, but for weeks like this one, where I have to turn down the home humidity due to the cold, I'll probably apply some mid-afternoon too.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Bag Balm. Can be purchased at Wall Greens. Here is a link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag_Balm

Great suggestion TIG1, I’ve used this for years
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: cpayne5
My wife's fingers get dry and cracked in the winter. A few years ago I picked up some of this stuff at a local hardware store and she now swears by it.
http://www.okeeffescompany.com/working-hands

Good luck.

I second using O'Keeffe's
Sold at Wal-Greens or Hardware Stores.
Only Hand Cream I use now.

Any moisturizer that comes with a pump, may contain a higher % of water (to pump more easily).

Eucerin for me...as mentioned above, the key is to start using it BEFORE the cracks develop!

I also use some special no-brand heel stuff that I apply from a tube like a deodorant, my wife buys it for me at Walgreen's. I didn't have any with me on a recent ski trip and was really hobbling due to heel cracks when I got back...I wonder if the wool ski socks make it worse somehow, but we also don't have a humidifier in our ski condo.

I use liquid gloves at work which works really well even with frequent hand washing.

Originally Posted By: Run
O'Keeffe's Working Hands, worked amazingly fast to soften up my rough dry hands.

This ^^^

Or Eucerin.

I've had great luck with Corn Huskers.

Doesn't leave your hands feeling slimy like normal lotion does either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back