Talon Grips

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Christmas my son gave me a Talon grip for my M&P 1.0. I installed it last night. It's not as aggressive as my 2.0 but feels good.
I Googled Talon grips and noticed they make a rubber textured grip as well. I might have to buy a rubber grip and try it on one of my other pistols. Opinions?
BTW, this was my first time installing a grip like this. It looks like it came out okay.
smile.gif

uautz.jpg

The rubber is less aggressive if that's what you're after. The trick to making them stick good is the prep of the surface and heating with a hair dryer is key to get the adhesive set good.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
The rubber is less aggressive if that's what you're after. The trick to making them stick good is the prep of the surface and heating with a hair dryer is key to get the adhesive set good.

901Memphis, I have plenty of 91% alcohol on hand for doing the First Aid of my wounds. I used that with 4X4 gauze pads to clean my grip. I borrowed my g/f's hair dryer to heat the grip. But, like everything else one does, the prep work is what counts.
Talon recommends using some 120 grit sand paper to remove a bit of the aggressive granular material. I find it to be just fine.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back