BG product and services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

BG offers a whole lot of maint. related products/services. I am someone who is not one to do the maint. on my truck myself. I have a local mechanic who does when needed. Out of all the servcies that are offered which are better to have done with their BG products,and machines? I ask because I want to have the same maint. done but have it cost less than the BG service itself,and also have a better job done if it's better for a mechanic to do it by hand,etc. Hopefully this all makes sense?

Befriend a govt representative from BG who doesn't work on commission. He/she will give you a discount. BG makes quality products. I used to buy BG 44K and MOA by the case. But with newer, oil specs you don't need MOA. 44K is great for the fuel. Let google be your friend.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Out of all the snake oil companies, BG seems to be the most legit I guess you could say.

That is a good way of putting it.

BG EPR is pretty good. Their 44K is good, but so are Redline SI-1, Techron Concentrate Plus or Amsoil PI for a fraction of the cost. Some of their machines are quite good as well (I.e. their brake flush machine).

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Out of all the snake oil companies, BG seems to be the most legit I guess you could say.

BG EPR is pretty good. Their 44K is good, but so are Redline SI-1, Techron Concentrate Plus or Amsoil PI for a fraction of the cost. Some of their machines are quite good as well (I.e. their brake flush machine).

Is the redline product better than seafoam,or berry man b12 chem fuel?

My sentiments as well. I'm using Schaeffer for now.

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Is the redline product better than seafoam,or berry man b12 chem fuel?

Remove the Seafoam from the list, you might as well take a whiz in it and have the same effect. Chemtool B12 and Redline are both very good at doing different jobs.
For varnish deposits in injectors and carbs nothing beats the high solvent properties of B12, a splash in the tank at every fill on small engines with carbs will keep them in nice condition, you will never have a problems requiring removal and cleaning.

Redline and a couple of other PEA based cleaners work better on hard deposits commonly found in injectors but does not do very well with varnish. In my experience a 2 prong approach to cleaning is best, one tank with a high dose of Redline (full bottle) and the next tank a full bottle or even 2 of B12 will provide the best results.

Its not unheard of when running a full bottle of Redline to get an O2 code, it will clear on its own eventually or you can do it manually. If you were to compare the O2 before and after (I have along with a 30K fuel injector cleanliness test on the machine) you will see it is much cleaner after.

Redline does not advertise this benefit but its real. One out of a 2005 GMC 6.0 was black as the ace of spades and after a full bottle in a full tank it was ash grey and noticeably cleaner. Techron total fuel system cleaner seems to do this, others may also, the first few cold starts in cold weather when the fuel is very rich produced a putrid smell at the exhaust that got less over a short time.
This smell is what motivated me to pull an O2 before and after, I cant say if it has any cleaning effect on the cat also but its possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back