Dreaming of a White Christmas? Nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright, sunny and blue sky. Though it's windy and cold here...

Merry Xmas
smile.gif

We woke up to about a foot of snow here! I think too many kids wished for a white Christmas!
smile.gif
Thankfully we'll be on Marco Island beach (Florida) on Wednesday morning! We only have 5 more cold winters to deal with (then we'll be snowbirds), hopefully the rest of the Ontario winters aren't as bad as this one has started out to be! Sorry the image is sideways, I wish there was an easy way to fix that.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Im stuck at an airport in portland oregon. 1000 miles from home.

I hear they had freezing rain on top of the snow there. Portland is known for those conditions. On the bright side, you couldn’t pick a better airport to be stuck at. PDX is a nice one compared to most.

Hope you get out soon.

Here it was so cold we closed the windows and turned on the heater. No, it's true. All the dogs came inside because we had to close the sliding glass doors. I'm sure glad the heater worked. It's been a while since we used it, like since last year.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Im stuck at an airport in portland oregon. 1000 miles from home.

Bummer!

About 6" of new snow here this morning.
This would be great for skiing except for the howling winds that are coming the new few days and the frigid temperatures that will ride in after that.
Pretty rotten development for the New England ski industry that counts on making a ton of money this holiday week...better than no snow and warm temps, but a lot of families are going to think twice about skiing when it's 0F at the base and maybe -10F at the peak.
I'll be out there at least some, but my daughter was going to invite friends up and I get the feeling she's going to bail on that.

White Christmas cost me a headlight. Some goof had a big slab of ice fly off on the hwy and I ran through it. EBay has one for just shy of 1400... calling insurance tomorrow
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back