Merry Christmas to the night shift!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PumpPusher
Anyone else out there on the clock?

This is one of the few Christmases that I am not working night shifts. I took vacation this week. BTW I have worked 12 hour rotating shifts for 32 years. 10 to go.

I worked many a holiday. Shift work for 30 years. Pay on those holidays was good.

I no longer do, but I worked it for 10 years. The job and my boss was the only thing that kept me there.
Although some people love it, it aged my body. I admire the people who now do it.

I worked third shift at a prison for 25 years.We did not get holiday pay ,o/t or comp time for holidays.I was single so in later years I never requested off .I figured the folks with kids needed it off more.

My wife is a 911 dispatcher, she had to work overnight last night and got home at 8 this morning so she's sleeping now.

Yup, I was. and will be again tonight, through Weds night. Merry Christmas to you all!
smile.gif

In the past I used to work third shift, and there were times I had to work on the holidays. So, I know what it's like.

Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas!!!

I'm salaried so no clock but I still had to work until about 10.30PM last night.

Funny thing, no response to my status e-mail saying it was done, but on Friday it was so important that the processing be monitored and finished before Tuesday that I was volun-told that this was mine to deal with...

Off this year, but have worked most Christmas eves and Christmas days over the past 20yrs. Typically it's just a normal scheduled day/night for me, other times I pick it up as OT. Double time and a half is hard to pass up.

Worked yesterday (SFO-EWR) and I am on call tonight.

No flights home last night, so spent the night at the airport.

Got my Santa hat with me...so, if I'm called on to fly, I can dress appropriately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back