Today I think of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I think of my friends on here who have recently lost loved ones.. If I could say this in person I would say know that their love and spirit continues on and lives through you. I would say think of all the good times that you have had with them. And I would want all of these people who have lost loved ones to know that as I am typing this... I have them in my thoughts.
Today I think of my patient who just lost her daughter... You know guys there are things that happen in this world that I just can't comprehend, understand, and rationalize. I just wish that it was so very different for her and her family. I guess there are circumstances that we just will never understand. Still hard though.
Today I think of all of my patients who have recently passed on. I remember how great they were, how much they taught me, and how blessed I was to get to know them.
Today I think of my own family members who have passed on and think of how much I miss them.
Today I think of how fortunate I am to be able to do all that I do. I think of how much I enjoy working with the great people I take care of. And that today the greatest way to honor my loved ones that are no longer here with me is to treat those people I take care of like they are my own family members.

I hope you guys all have a very, very good day today with your family and friends.

Very well spoken bbhero, Thank You

Every day is a gift, and I won’t forgef this
smile.gif

Yesterday at church I teared up thinking of a good friend who died last year unexpectedly.He was 52 and had taken a fall ,fractured his arm .Tried to tough it out and died three days later in his sleep.Blood clot I assume.I know as I get older this will happen more often,these melancholy moments around the holidays.

Bbhero, if only we can make more days like this instead of listening to those that want to ban traditional Christmas activities altogether. Even for non-religious people, Christmas is a time of good fellowship, peace, and reflection, a time to take a break from everyday life and count our blessings.

Merry Christmas everyone.

With my parents both deceased,holidays are always the times I miss them the most,because they always went all out on the holidays. It's just now my brother,sister,and I. Holidays just seem really awkward when we get together because we all know that we're thinking the same thing,how it's just not the same without our parents there.

Those of you who still have your parents,cherish and treasure them every day.

My dad passed in '86 & my mom in '90, while I was in my 20's, so I know what you mean. After my brother's second marriage in '85 he's always done his own thing for the holidays. He no longer wanted to associate with us. After we left Texas in 2000 I no longer hot together with my sister at holiday time.

My wife's parents get together with us every Thanksgiving & Christmas though, either their place or ours, no matter how far away we've lived (up to 1500 miles away). I'll visit my sister next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back