Need a new tire pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Vair 88P I wanted to skip the cig lighter so I didn't have to deal with fuses possibly popping. I've had it for 5 years now without issue. I use it multiple times per month on my cars as well as friends all the time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: thescreensavers
I have a Vair 88P I wanted to skip the cig lighter so I didn't have to deal with fuses possibly popping. I've had it for 5 years now without issue. I use it multiple times per month on my cars as well as friends all the time.

Great unit. I gave the same.

These are really great when a coupon is available:

https://www.harborfreight.com/12v-100-psi-high-volume-air-compressor-69284.html

S-pc-mxEyOxF.jpg

Originally Posted By: Linctex
These are really great when a coupon is available:

https://www.harborfreight.com/12v-100-psi-high-volume-air-compressor-69284.html

S-pc-mxEyOxF.jpg

I have this one in my utv, i am on year 2 of it and it has pumped up everything that i own as well as flats on the trail that my buddies have had..which is alot.

Another buddy of mine has one similar to the one that you linked to on amazon.. we fiddled with it for about 10 minutes with all the digital stuff and had to get out the owners manual..we finally figured it out though.

My review of the harbor freight- it pumps very fast compared to a slime and a digital one ive seen. On/off switch nothing fancy. Seems to be well built, probably not something that I can give to my grandkids but if i get another year out of it $25 was well worth it.

The viair 88p is great with battery clips
if your cigarette lighter is fused for 15amps or more the viair 85p is the cig lighter model.

I have the 88p and it is quite fast for a portable.

It topped off the huge tractor tires in about a min each.

It will do a totally flat large truck tire (32"-33" diameter) in about 4min iirc.

For just airing up a low car tire it would be around a minute.

I like the idea of the ryobi, but I don't have anything by them yet. I would have to make the initial investment of batteries and a charger.

You feel it has suffucient power?

Originally Posted By: mcwilly
I like the idea of the ryobi, but I don't have anything by them yet. I would have to make the initial investment of batteries and a charger.

You feel it has suffucient power?

Depends what battery you have. I have the big 4ah battery but also a couple smaller ones. The smaller ones are good for a couple fills but the big 4ah seems to last a pretty long time. Home Depot typically has some sale around Black Friday for a drill with battery/charger for about $50. Got a bunch of their other tools so I have a bunch of batteries.

"...bunch of batteries.", you say?

Q: Does it pay to rotate such batteries so none go idle? .....number them and use/recharge them so they all get used?

It's a serious question.

Originally Posted By: Kira
"...bunch of batteries.", you say?

Q: Does it pay to rotate such batteries so none go idle? .....number them and use/recharge them so they all get used?

It's a serious question.

I don't keep track of them like that. I have 3-4 batteries. Eventually they disappear when I lend one to someone and they don't return it. Missing a couple that way along with the drill. Still trying to get one back. Got a few drills. Usually I like to have at least 3, usually 2 is handy, one to drill a pilot hole, the other to drill the screw. I used to pick up a set every black friday when they were Nicad and were $30 for the drill and battery. Now all my nicad ones are dead and I just have the lithium ones and I stopped buying those $50 specials as I have enough batteries for now and the lithium ones haven't died on me yet like the nicad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back