P226 .40 stainless made in Germany - value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sig Sauer P226 .40S&W that I bought almost 10 years ago on a whim. I like the gun but it doesn't fit my collection (not much into handguns) and I just don't shoot it anymore. I am interested in selling it and have an interested buyer. The day I bought it I had gone in to look at a Glock and walked out with this instead.

It seems from what I can find that it is a P226 ST w/ optional blued slide (possibly anodized stainless?) w/ full stainless frame. It and appears to have been a limited production gun with a German made all stainless (heavy) frame.

Seems based on forum browsing that a German frame Sig is desirable.

I have the original case, 2 magazines, 2 sets of grips and original paperwork.

What is it worth?

I just purchased a Sig Stainless Elite P-229 in 9 MM, (Stainless Steel Frame and slide), from Cabela's new in the box for $1,045.00 on a closeout. They were closeout priced because they couldn't order any more of them. They said it was because Sig is no longer shipping them. (Or so I was told). All the new Sig Stainless Elite models have a Stainless slide and an Aluminum alloy frame. (Both silver and undistinguishable from the Stainless frame and slide Elites except for the Sig medallion in the wood grips. As opposed to "Sig Sauer" being laser engraved in the wood on the all Stainless frame and slide Elites). CDNN has a Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP Super Match, with a Stainless slide and a blued frame for $999.99 new in the box. It's a limited production Custom Shop Model. Hope this helps.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer-p220-45acp-super-match-full-size.html?___SID=U#.WkDWAbdy53E

Used guns are a dime a dozen (generally)...not putting you down for sure.

I traded an LC9s, 1911 LW Colt, and 9mm Shield for a trio of Glocks bc they did not serve my purpose. The guns I have are for hard shooting-not collecting (dust). Lost money, but they are worthless unless you use 'em (for me) I probably will never buy another gun again.

Now Trumpets/Cornets..another story I own classics that I no longer play...but they are "must have"...lol.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
The .40 cal is not as desirable as it once was and it will be harder to sell compared to it if was a 9 MM.

This is true, and I forgot to mention it. I've seen several desirable, high quality handguns in .40 S&W, sitting on dealers shelves for months. While the exact same gun in 9 MM sold in days. There is no doubt that the 9 MM is the hottest selling caliber in semi auto pistols today. Even outpacing the .45 ACP in sales.

Trade it towards this and get the custom engraving on the slide they offer.
cool.gif

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p239-sas-gen2-compact.html

Sig Sauer retain value. They are an outstanding firearm. Personally, I love the P220 .45.

You may want to retain it.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

The 40 prices are bottomed out right now. Tons of agencies traded them in so they're cheap right now. It would benefit you to hold onto it until the market is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back