Any body use Collinite #845 Insulator Wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this stuff by accident on the web several years ago and it is wonderful. Pretty easy to put on and man does it last. Check their website out. Very good products.

This is the only wax I use for daily drivers. Collinite's longest lasting wax is #476, but it is a paste. 845 being liquid is easier to apply. May last a bit less, but easily outlasts most other waxes.

Originally Posted By: jimmyjack
I found this stuff by accident on the web several years ago and it is wonderful. Pretty easy to put on and man does it last. Check their website out. Very good products.

Been using it for years and love the stuff.
cheers3.gif

Lots of info on here about it and from guys like me who swear by the stuff.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4570156/New,_to_us,_2017_Impala_Premie#Post4570156
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4557145/%22Wax%22_knowledge#Post4557145

Like someone else mentioned, warm/heat it up prior and shake the p*ss out of it. You want it the consistency of milk, no thicker. If there is any globbing/accumulation under the lid or around the neck, just push it back into the bottle and shake it back in.
It goes a long ways and there is no need, imo, to swirl/rub it around. I just go in straight lines back and forth on a panel at a time. Let dry to a light haze and wipe it off with microfiber towels.
It was suggested in one those posts above to use a alcohol/water wipe/wash prior to waxing which I think is a great idea, although I have never tried it before.
I have used it on my cars, trucks, boats and snowmobiles for a lot of years and swear by the stuff.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RTexasF
It's been written about and recommended many many times here, good stuff.

I still think we need a sticky for BITOG D&W consensus products. I volunteer to write it.

Yes, 845 is a workhorse; it may not be the best in any one area but it's good enough in every area that it's worth having in the arsenal for anyone who does their own detailing.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Originally Posted By: RTexasF
It's been written about and recommended many many times here, good stuff.

I still think we need a sticky for BITOG D&W consensus products. I volunteer to write it.

Yes, 845 is a workhorse; it may not be the best in any one area but it's good enough in every area that it's worth having in the arsenal for anyone who does their own detailing.

Good way to put it.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: irv
It was suggested in one those posts above to use a alcohol/water wipe/wash prior to waxing which I think is a great idea, although I have never tried it before.

One of the best detailer's I've ever seen would do this after compounding/polishing to remove the oils from the surface. But the same theory holds true after washing, claying, detailers, lubricants since most of those products leave some sort of protection, residue behind. Plus it's great at removing tree sap, tar etc...

You can buy IPA at the store from 70% to 90% +. I'd go for the 70% and dilute it down for stretching the solution a bit in the form of 4 parts IPA to one part distilled h2o. A bottle of ipa runs about $1.50 at the store.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: irv

One of the best detailer's I've ever seen would do this after compounding/polishing to remove the oils from the surface. But the same theory holds true after washing, claying, detailers, lubricants since most of those products leave some sort of protection, residue behind. Plus it's great at removing tree sap, tar etc...

You can buy IPA at the store from 70% to 90% +. I'd go for the 70% and dilute it down for stretching the solution a bit in the form of 4 parts IPA to one part distilled h2o. A bottle of ipa runs about $1.50 at the store.

I am going to do this come the spring when I re-wax my wife's car and my truck. Thanks again, SS for the tips/info.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Or for only $1.50 don't dilute it and get the most out of each use.
wink.gif

Perfect, will do gofast182. I remember seeing your detail work and was very impressed with it.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back