If you could

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kept us all at the farming level, no city jobs, no traffic,,all of us would have plenty to eat and keep life simple...imho

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Wife’s first credit card
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Kept us all at the farming level, no city jobs, no traffic,,all of us would have plenty to eat and keep life simple...imho

Actually farming caused more problems when we moved from hunter gather society..including (believe it or not) more hunger.
If I could change history I wouldn't be here.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Wife’s first credit card
thumbsup2.gif
lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Give Hitlers father a prophalatic.

That would mean there would be 20 million more Russians alive. I don't believe I would mess with that since the United States came out on top.

Probably 911. That's just a tragic event that had no purpose. It changed nothing and was a attack on civilians.
Still breaks my heart to watch people jump to their deaths rather than burn alive.
No reason for it and I doubt it would change history at all if it never happened.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Give Hitlers father a prophalatic.

That would mean there would be 20 million more Russians alive. I don't believe I would mess with that since the United States came out on top.

Quoted for truth. Our enemies killed each other off.

In the last 100 years I'd revise the treaty that ended WWI (1918/19). If Germany had been treated reasonably, WWII and the cold war probably wouldn't have happened. Germany did some bad things during their invasion of Belgium but otherwise they were no worse than anyone else.

At best it was a stupid war, but ending it by setting up a future vengeful Germany was particularly dumb.

Sometimes it's wise to be generous.

A lot of good replies here.I really like the one about being a little fairer with Germany after World War One.
Personalty as a Viet Nam veteran i would I would have kept us out of that conflict.
Total waste of lives for nothing.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

Didn't uncontrolled plowing in the heartland cause some of the "dust bowl" era problems.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Probably 911. That's just a tragic event that had no purpose. It changed nothing and was a attack on civilians.
Still breaks my heart to watch people jump to their deaths rather than burn alive.
No reason for it and I doubt it would change history at all if it never happened.

Muhammed Atta, one of the highjackers, was in the Scarborough walmart where I frequented the week before the event. I would have whispered in his ear, "I know what you're up to", then roughed him up a little/ a lot. Enough, hopefully, to have him stumble, re-plan, or retreat and get caught.

9/11 not happening would have changed history, as we'd have needed some other excuse to invade Iraq, and perhaps Powell etc would not have endorsed the idea. Hussein could still be in power, the ethnic clan hate would have still been (brutally) controlled by him, and our hands would be off.

We'd be nicer people, not as full of hate and suspicion that manifests itself as xenophobia and class warfare/ envy.

Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
not winning the lottery for 50 million at age 25.

that, and the beginnings of religion, the cause of most wars since the dawn of time.

People cause war....and people used religion as an excuse. Human beings are a nasty lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back