Where do you keep your tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basement? Garage? Garage shop? Separate Shop?

I have never had a garage so they are in the basement....
frown.gif

Toolbox in the garage & on top of my tool bench. I keep the most often used tools(phillips head, pliers, 3/8 ratchet) right on top of the bench so I can just grab & go. But, it's not a mess and I don't kanban anything as I'm the only one using my tools. However, most of my tools have a proper place.

I have buddies that have their tools all over the place. What a mess! But, they know exactly where everything is.
smirk.gif

Last edited:
Garage shop (Kennedy 3 piece & pegboard) Truck toolbox, boat, cars, trailer toolbox, hand toolbox …

On the wall of my garage using a hodge podge of racks and magnetic strips and hooks and brackets.

I recently had a home built on some acreage. I have an attached garage and a separate metal building to use as my work shop. My tools are in the shop and I keep a few basics in the house like a multi bit screw driver, tape measure, hammer.. . But I'm a semi mechanic and don't have the same level of tools at home as I do at work.
I've had to bring tool(s) home from work to do things at home.

Couple of rolling cheapo boxes in the basement--no garage here either.

All over now.

Some [censored] broke into my storage and stole my toolbox/main tools. banshee, and my dads saddle.

working on a new box.

GRRRRRR

UD

Heh heh, I'm a semi mechanic too. Semi as in 1/2 way. I have a 12X24 storage tent and a 14x14 shop. the 12x24 is my service bay. Better than the driveway and easier on my poorly aging body. Merry Xmas,
grin2.gif

This is where all my tools are kept. I have lived here for 35 years and have collected tools for the last 55 years. I use four tool boxes plus all the stuff hanging on the wall. However I pretty much know where all of it is.

Last edited:
In my Mom's garage. Although they're technically my Dad's tools...
grin.gif

I have a small tool box in my garage for basic stuff around the house, but the oil change and other tools are in a rolling chest my Dad used, and they're still in the garage there.

My most-used hand tools for car repair and maintenance live in the storage compartment under the trunk floor. I'll take a tiny hit to fuel economy if I can diagnose and repair a wide range of stuff, and it speeds up access even while at home. I would much rather be prepared and never need something than need it and and not be prepared.

Bulky, infrequently used, specialty, and power tools live in the garage. Anything that directly cuts into main cargo space will stay at home.

Electronics equipment lives in the corner of the basement utility room I call my workshop, though I do keep some of that in the car. It's exceedingly rare that I need a soldering iron or oscilloscope on the road.
lol.gif

At my job. Even though I don’t use them there anymore. I still occasionally have to open my box up for something oddball that one of the techs may need to borrow.

I really need to take it somewhere just can’t decide if I want it at home in my tiny garage where they’ll never get used or at my uncle’s shop where I’d use them but it’s 50 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back