A White Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forecast here in the Seattle metro is calling for a possible white Christmas. They are pretty rare in these here parts but we did have one in 2008. This morning I got a winter weather advisory for this evening. 1” of snow. The people here are already freaking out and I’m sure school closures will be next all because of 1” of snow.

Meanwhile the rest of the country laughs at us.

How many of you are going to have a white Christmas? I look forward to snow at any time but if a white Christmas happens then I’ll be real pleased.

Merry Christmas to all the Bitogers.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
You guys are lucky to get cold weather for the holidays.

Usually we are fairly temperate in this area. Highs generally in the 40’s, lows in the 30’s. We been getting cold air from the north for the better part of a month now.

Getting white right now in Chicagoland and the forecast is cold, so it will stay for a couple weeks at least.

Buffalo, NY area.
We received acouple inches last night, with more expected tonight.
I like shoveling if it's 6 inch or less, more than that, I use the Snow-Thrower.

But in Nov 2014, it was a different story.
We got 5 feet in areas and the Towns Snow-Plow even got stuck next to my house.
Talking about 1 inch of snow ...... what's your point ? ? ? Only kidding
11.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MasterSolenoid
Buffalo, NY area.
We received acouple inches last night, with more expected tonight.
I like shoveling if it's 6 inch or less, more than that, I use the Snow-Thrower.

But in Nov 2014, it was a different story.
We got 5 feet in areas and the Towns Snow-Plow even got stuck next to my house.
Talking about 1 inch of snow ...... what's your point ? ? ?

That’s my point exactly. The rest of the country laughs as Seattle closed schools and offices over one inch of snow. You guys in Buffalo know what snow is and you deal with it. Same with other snowy places like the upper Midwest or the Rocky Mt states.

The good thing about all that snow is that you don't have to go to work and get to stay home sipping hot chocolate cocoa by the fire place.

We don't have that down here.

We will have a white Christmas as we received two or three inches of snow overnight. City just filled my driveway with snow so it's a little shovel work for me today. FELIZ NAVIDAD America.

We have snow, more coming tonight. Buffalo is the King of Snow, my gawd they get hit hard when everyone else 1 hour radius away suffers much lighter.

Yesterday we had freezing rain, and I slid around enough that I started thinking about studded tires. Snow tires are 3 years old so perhaps they just aren't as good as my driving requires (read that however you will). More snow tonight, will likely have to shovel 6+ inches then make the trek to visit family. Should be fun.

I do like that it's a white Christmas. Just doesn't feel right when the grass is green.

46F here near the coast. Rain for me. No shoveling req. As long as the daylight increases every day, I'm happy. Back atcha HosteenJorge,
Get it before it freezes. Merry Xmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back