cheap laser printers to burn on metal-not computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi:
noticing new price reductions in laser devices that burn names/insignia etc. on 30 oz insulated stainless cups, etc. Also metal name plates, etc. Anybody use these? A friend and I are thinking about splitting the cost if it becomes useful and practical. Any thoughts? These are NOT computer laser printers for printing on paper. Thanks!

I'M talking about those devices you see on u-tube where someone etches an Ozark Trail or YETI insulated SS cup with a laser putting a name (joe) or symbol (AUDI) etc. or possibly a piece of metal with OFF SWITCH or similar.

We purchased one of those Ozark Trail cups that was custom laser engraved. It removed the paint coating without damaging the stainless underneath and made a really cool looking cup. I think it was $15 or $20 at the show. Considering the cup is $7 at WalMart, that's not bad. I'm not sure it's a big money maker for them. But I appreciated it.

Don't they have vending machines that do this to keychains and dog-tags at Walmart?

That could pay the bills if you can find the right clientele.

Thanks! The one linked on Amazon says flammable materials, not steel / aluminum, yet I know I saw some cups in SS w/no coating that still showed something.And the u-tube video...is that a joke? The guy seemed very down on fundraiser. Anyway, that is the type we are interested in, as seen on Everybuyer and Banggood. Also thinking about 3d for another app, as all this stuff seems so cheap if actually works, and getting into our price range. Further comments welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back