Color laser printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Samsung CLP-315Wb printer is producing very poor output when printing a picture. Messed up color or B/W but text is OK.

Replaced the drum and no improvement. I found a broken piece of plastic that holds in a spring hook inside near some gears.

I like the printer and have new spare toner. Samsung sold printer business to HP.

Maybe time for new printer. Must have color laser and auto-duplex and be less than $200. Cannon has one.

Last edited:
Micro Center (655 Merrick Avenue, Westbury, NY 11590)

Dell E525w Color Multifunction Laser Printer (Open Box from $143.96).

If you can get away with a B&W laerjet (buy a color inkjet for better pictures):

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn Printer $120 (1 remaining),

or

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fw Factory Recertified $110 + $20 for 2 year warranty (10+ remaining).

&

HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer (open box for $22).

Originally Posted By: phogstenjr
Dell E525w Color Multifunction Laser Printer (Open Box from $143.96).

You can just get it from Staples. $129.

https://www.staples.com/dell-e525w-color-laser-all-in-one-printer-stp-njmvpe/product_1667711

I have one in the office, seems fine. You can also get those aftermarket toner cartridges, sometimes when you get the off brands the color is a little off, but I got a couple sets from Amazon and they seem fine so far. Those range from about $35-50 for a full set. I read the reviews and stayed away from the ones that said the colors were off.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I have a B&W laser. I need to replace the color one.

Who makes Dell printers? I am thinking they are made by someone else.

Used to be Lexmark and Samsung.

Is there a reason it has to be laser? If you head over to the Business Inkjet section many of them have a lower cost per page and have better photo output than a color laser. My last color laser was a LaserJet 2500dn and I don't miss it in the least.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: Donald
I have a B&W laser. I need to replace the color one.

Who makes Dell printers? I am thinking they are made by someone else.

Used to be Lexmark and Samsung.

Is there a reason it has to be laser? If you head over to the Business Inkjet section many of them have a lower cost per page and have better photo output than a color laser. My last color laser was a LaserJet 2500dn and I don't miss it in the least.

Funny, it's the other way around for me. Lasers seem to have better output than inkjets as they don't bleed like inkjets can. You can also play with the settings if you need a higher dpi output for better quality. Plus inkjets dry out and cost more than toner. I don't miss them a bit. Plus the E525w is an all in one so it's also a copier, scanner and fax although I don't use fax anymore.

Wife and I just bought an HP 4520 inkjet printer. They have a program going where they send you new ink cartridges and you can print like 120 pages /month and it is $10 or so per month. We rarely exceed that and they send me their ink. Never have to search for a supplier or drive somewhere to get it.

Due to a church fire I am printing church bulletins at home. 200 pages a week. All the songs need to be printed as hymnals burned or water damaged. Currently doing them on my B&W laser, but they would like them in color.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Funny, it's the other way around for me. Lasers seem to have better output than inkjets as they don't bleed like inkjets can. You can also play with the settings if you need a higher dpi output for better quality. Plus inkjets dry out and cost more than toner. I don't miss them a bit. Plus the E525w is an all in one so it's also a copier, scanner and fax although I don't use fax anymore.

The latest crop are quite good. I've got an Epson Workforce WF-4630 that puts out great quality. Pretty much on par with a Laser although the text doesn't get the "glossy" look like a laser. And the prints are pretty waterproof. Once dry I've had drinks condense water on the pages and nothing bleeds. I think it's because Epson uses pigment inks that they get the good water resistance. I leave the printer on 24/7 and in 2 years I've had maybe a need to run the cleaning cycle once. Ink is quite affordable and all the reviews peg the cost per page 1.6 cents for monochrome and 8.2 cents for color. Inkjets also use lots less electricity than a Laser (and put out less heat) so that may be a consideration too.

I can't complain with this unit (or the HP OfficeJet it replaced) - good prints at a reasonable cost per page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back