'15 Ford Fusion-6F35-16k Miles-MC Mercon LV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like my transmission has been benefiting from the periodic drain and fills. It shifts smoother and faster now then when I bought it new

Is it an easy D&F? Like a Honda or Mazda...with a drain plug and fill hole and proper dipstick? How much changed per OC?

My MINI R53 had a 6-speed Aisin and was a pain to fill.

It is pretty easy to drain and fill. It has a drain plug but does not have a dipstick. It is filled through the breather tube and when you have a CAI, like I do, it can take some maneuvering to get the breather tube cap back on. There is a level plug in the driver's wheel well. I usually get about 4-4.5 quarts out. Total capacity is about 9.5 quarts according to the manual.

I was told that it was but after you questioned it, I did a search and found out that it was a joint venture between GM and Ford. So I guess this transmission is made in house.

I have the same transmission in our 2017 Explorer 2.3 EcoBoost. It's real easy to do drain & fills. The drain plug is right at the bottom of the transmission, nothing blocking access to it. The fill is a wide tube with a cap but no dipstick. I drained mine after sitting overnight and measured how much came out "cold" and put in the same amount. It drained 3.80 quarts and that's what I put back in. I also used Motorcraft Mercon LV. I bought a case of 12 from Rock Auto for $60 delivered, only $5/quart. I did my initial D&F at 12,200 miles and will do another at ~25,000 on the odo. It's so easy and cheap to do. At 12,200 miles the fluid came out dark grey.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back