Are you usually a positive or negative poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often see negative or sarcastic posts/comments.

Do you tend to post things more positive or negative in nature?

I think I try to always be positive or helpful.

I am always looking to the bright side. People tend to comment when they disagree. That should be OK to do and not be labelled negative. Seems like you are being negative towards certain kinds of comments. Try to be positive and understand their side. But I understand your point.
smile.gif

I'm not a bar type of guy. This and a few other forums are a good part of my social interaction. I try to be positive. Im here to learn and share. There are people here from all over the world, with all sorts of talents and specialties. Long ago, I learned that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Peace on Earth!

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
People tend to comment when they disagree.

Exactly. I skip right over every
18.gif
thread.

But sometimes new info / interesting discussions result from a new person beating that same Ol'
18.gif

I don't post much here anymore. Lots of negativity across the board IMO, and the ignore list is growing exponentially for me. This used to be a place to hang out and learn, share ideas, experiment with lubricants. It's migrating to something else.
I still read, but what I have to contribute seems to get slammed pretty often, so I'm just staying in the corner, being quiet.
27.gif

Guilty here......of probably posting a 70-30 split of mostly negative.

But then I COULD just be being negative about what I post and it's in reality, the other way around!

i try to keep it positive and not make it personal with insults etc. many of the other sites i frequent , there are a lot of posters that post just to stir up poop

"in this world,Elwood, you can be oh so smart or or so pleasant... After being smart for so many years, I recommend pleasant" Harvey

My brush with cancer taught me that negativity is a wasted effort heading in the wrong direction. It leads to stress in an already stressful life.

I was an irascible,contrary, negative,cynical, old grouch. For what? The adrenal rush contentiousness brings on? I ran on angry for years. I'm sure the stress it induced was contributory to my cancer.

Y'all wanna jump on me? Bring it, this is the internet. The blows don't land. This is the internet, In real life I ran into some real jerks, and you guys are lightweights in the jerk dept.
grin2.gif

Hard to classify.

Some of my best information has come from "negative" information.

The devil that's in the details comes out a lot from clashes between "negative" posts.

I don't think I'd come here if every thread resulted in, "Well, if you like it, then great!".

Let's ask some questions, let's challenge ideas, get some information flowing.

I kinda wanna know why someone thinks my vanilla sucks and why I'd be better off with chocolate.

Debate is a great thing.

I don't have a single person on my ignore list, because good or bad, I wanna see it.

My posts? Dunno. Never really thought about it.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I really try to help and to make what I feel is a good recomendation etc. I am also very onery and grouchy. Sometimes that shows when I post.

^ For me as well. I think this is the case for most of us that have been on here and active for a long time and see a lot of the same stuff.

Last edited:
I try to help whenever I can too.

Sometimes I ask a "filler question" if the original question is vague or incomplete. This angers some people.

Once I was slightly drunk and gave a stupid, angry answer to someone and the BITOG faithful straightened me out.

That was a one shot deal. When I read the post the next day I saw how incredibly uncool it was.

The people here read questions and put on their thinking caps 99.8% of the time and that ALONE deserves clarity and respectful responses.

I'm a different perspective poster, not because I'm from another country than most here, and have different vehicles etc, or that I'm a mechanic, not a DIY. I'm practical not theoretcal, and so a ''the glass is the wrong size'' type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back