'94 Grand Am Rear Shock Absorber Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm replacing the rear shock absorbers on my '94 Grand Am. GM doesn't offer the shock mounts anymore, p/n 22548145. You can see a picture of them at NAPA 901951. The shock absorbers that I got have a hardware kit p/n 141277 which includes 2 bushings - a small one for above the "frame" and a large one for below the "frame". You can see that here on Amazon. However, the actual design uses a shock mount with two bolts extending through so it's quite different. The instructions have are split on the same page showing the bushings being used & then below showing the shock mount single piece being reused. I assume that you simply pick out from the hardware kit what's needed (new nut) & throw away (both bushings) everything else. Is that right?

In looking for a replacement shock mount, Worldpac said TRW p/n JSB4542S and AC Delco 88946254 were replacements, but I can't find either. Sources for these? Carquest is out of business so there went my Worldpac source.

Thanks.

I checked out rockauto and you can get the AC Delco professional series for 6.52. After looking at the NAPA number you provided it appears to be a Monroe clone. I'd stick with the Delcos personally

Originally Posted By: benjamming
In looking for a replacement shock mount, Worldpac said TRW p/n JSB4542S and AC Delco 88946254 were replacements, but I can't find either. Sources for these? Carquest is out of business so there went my Worldpac source.

Thanks.

I can only find the ACDelco 901-002 & TRW 14234 parts on Amazon & ebay, not those #s listed above by Worldpac. The MasterPro FM1040 from O'Reilly are made in Taiwan just as the Mevotech MP901951 & Moog K6353 are. Supposedly, the KYB SM5010 & TRW are made in the USA.

Where can one get McQuay-Norris (Federal Mogul) as their p/n SM6084 is supposed to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back