Federated, grab some or pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read it most likely comes from warren distribution, likely the same stuff as supertech.
What cheap oil are you guys using/paying for it?
A chain store local to me carries this oil and has it on sale through 12/31/17

Not a bad price if you need it now, but not a good price for hoarding as it's usually cheaper with a rebate such as Mobil's $12 rebate which they do a couple times a year.

$3.49 is not a bad price for any full syn, especially if it meets dexos1 gen2. Those bottles do look like WPP bottles
thumbsup2.gif

If that "global" coolant is like Peak Global, then those price are VERY good!

However, the DOT4 brake fluid prices are high! And that's their "sale" price?
lol.gif
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
$3.49 is not a bad price for any full syn, especially if it meets dexos1 gen2. Those bottles do look like WPP bottles
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif
The full synthetic and the synthetic blend are both good oils. And that is a good price for the antifreeze.

Not bad prices on brake fluid. My '97 Lexus hit 200k and I thought I would change the brake fluid. Anti lock brakes never had fluid changed. It always clear when I check it, so never changed it. Not like the reservore cap got a little hole in it or something. It is sealed up good. Am I wasting my time?

Originally Posted By: resist
Not bad prices on brake fluid. My '97 Lexus hit 200k and I thought I would change the brake fluid. Anti lock brakes never had fluid changed. It always clear when I check it, so never changed it. Not like the reservore cap got a little hole in it or something. It is sealed up good. Am I wasting my time?

I'd change it, I've been using the Valvoline synthetic dot 3/4 in my stuff(vehicles, atvs, side by sides), you can get it almost anywhere and it's pretty cheap.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif
The full synthetic and the synthetic blend are both good oils. And that is a good price for the antifreeze.

I did a little digging, the antifreeze is made by OLD WORLD INDUSTRIES, LLC.... , same manufacturer as the pink factory fill in my Toyota. I was planning to start using the Zerex Asian formula in it, but this may be just as good for 1/2 the price of it. I'll look at it if I make it out there before the end of the end of the year.
Looks like it very well could be the same stuff as the Peak global, made by the same company anyways.
http://agri.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/agri.nv...freeze_List.pdf

Last edited:
Their house brand used to be Amalie..but i havent kept up with it.

I always give them a call on a big parts job if i am going the brick and mortar route.

On my last brake job I could have saved $10 by using them instead of NAPA, but the store was 10 miles further each way so I passed.

I want to like them but there is usually one store in each big town versus the others are everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back