Another Pistol That Is Potentially Unsafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Good looking gun, too bad about the poorly executed internals.

Very true, and sadly the owner of the company is saying there will be no recall and is trying to sling mud at the two reviewers that posted the results.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Good looking gun, too bad about the poorly executed internals.

Very true, and sadly the owner of the company is saying there will be no recall and is trying to sling mud at the two reviewers that posted the results.

Looks like a big law suit just waiting to happen. This doesn't surprise me with all of the cheaply made plastic semi's, that are being dumped on the market in the last few years. It seems you have to search much harder to find quality, and safety in firearms today, than you did a couple of decades ago.

Originally Posted By: billt460

Looks like a big law suit just waiting to happen. This doesn't surprise me with all of the cheaply made plastic semi's, that are being dumped on the market in the last few years. It seems you have to search much harder to find quality, and safety in firearms today, than you did a couple of decades ago.

True

Another sad reality when these rinky dink gun companies put this kind of dangerous junk on the market, is most of them are operating on a shoestring budget. And one good law suit will put them out of business. Then, anyone who invested their hard earned money in one of these POS's, is going to be SOL in trying to get parts or extra magazines for them. Which in reality is probably a good thing. Since the lousy, dangerous contraptions shouldn't ever have been put on the market in the first place.

Maybe I'm just weird but I generally try not to drop my guns.

And someone who uses a gun in a daily professional setting should probably take care to not let the gun out of their control.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

And someone who uses a gun in a daily professional setting should probably take care to not let the gun out of their control.

No one is arguing that point, but a modest blow with a rubber mallet and it fires?

So, get hit by a bad guy, bump into your car door, slip on the ice, and your gun discharges?

That's a POS gun. Please maintain control of your firearm, but a gun that fires with a bump is dangerous no matter how careful you might be.

It should only fire when the trigger is pulled.

same here, except when a LEO orders me to......

Originally Posted By: BalticBob

LEO orders you to drop your gun. You drop it, and it goes off.

I think you know what happens in the next scene.

No thanks. A firearm that can auto discharge is about as bad as it gets.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

+1
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

+1
frown.gif

in the next scene, the result is the same as not complying .......

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
I can honestly say, I don't recall ever hearing of this pistol prior to this brouhaha.

Free advertising here!

From what I can tell Patrick, a former contributor to a youtube channel (TFB TV) brought this to light at the cost of his job. Seems like Honor Defense and TFB TV tried to keep this all under wraps. Looks like TFB TV was getting compensation of some type to hand out only positive reviews.

Patricks new Youtube channel has an interesting VLOG on this. Honor Guard video link

The entire video is very worthwhile watching but make sure you see the screen shot at 8:30 into the video.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
and sadly the owner of the company is saying there will be no recall and is trying to sling mud at the two reviewers that posted the results.

If that is true the owner is about to get a lesson on how powerful social media and the gun community is. That is NOT how you handle an event such as this.

I understand they are a small company and a recall/redesign and shipping to/from could be the end of such a company.

When this gun hit the market, I immediately doubted its validity. Looks like I was right.

There's an old marketing addage that states there's no such thing as bad press. I have to differ ... Cuz this is bad from about every angle we view it from.

Any darn fool can draw up a firing mechanism and with a little investment, put it into production.
But knowing how to make it safe in unsafe conditions is another matter.

Ahhhhhh - Glock
thumbsup2.gif

Isn't this also why the 1911 has a series 80 variant that uses an arm to deactivate the firing pin block?

Therein lies the problem of copying a design, not knowing it has flaws.

I agree with you, d. Business is littered with the remains of those who failed to realize that manufacturing is not as easy as it seems.

"We'll copy a good, popular design!....profit!"

And then......

It's equally difficult to accept when it's all over.

I may have accidentally caused another problem for them. I mentioned this to a friend of mine today who works a local range when he's not out chasing the bad guys. When he found out, his exact words were; "[censored]! Then we shouldn't be letting people shoot those things here!".

Funny thing about snowballs rolling down a hill......

Isn't this also why the 1911 has a series 80 variant that uses an arm to deactivate the firing pin block?

Yes there were isolated incidents of them going off when dropped. Colt as early as the 30's came out with the Swartz system, which used the grip safety to deactivate the firing pin block. Some makers use this today instead of the Series 80 system that goes off the trigger. Of course the 1911 is an Edwardian era design in its original configuration, so we should probably expect better in a 21st century design. A trigger safety or some sort of squeeze/grip safety would have been a wise decision on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back