Ruger EC9s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I haven't read enough about it, but what's the difference between the EC9 and LC9? They look almost identical.

Originally Posted By: 28oz
Maybe I haven't read enough about it, but what's the difference between the EC9 and LC9? They look almost identical.

Less features, lower price point.

Only real change I saw is that the sights are molded into the slide on the EC9S, vs sights on dovetails on the LC9S so you can change them out.

I had one and got rid if it. Nice trigger (albeit a bit long). I had fail to eject and stovepipes. Traded it in on a G-43. But again. To each his own.

They both will kill you?? lol--- like socks and shoes, ten people will have 10 different opinions and most of us will not shoot 500 rounds a year, but many will shoot more IMHO> The last 20 yrs or so we have had 357 Smiths, 40 cal Glocks, 38s, and a 44 or two. All were good, all would do the job..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: billt460
I can't generate any excitement over these cheap, little plastic pistols any longer. Especially when Ruger introduces a "new one" every 10 minutes.

I'm there with you. At one time S&W or Ruger introducing a new model was a major event. Now it's like changing the tread on a tire every other month, and calling it by a different name. Ruger seems to be worse about this than S&W.

( I'll stay with my Glock . . . it's ugly enough to love )

Originally Posted By: HouseTiger

Or, switch to Steyr and get the beauty as well.
grin.gif

grin.gif

Yeah, these new Steyrs might out-ugly Glocks. Pretty far under the radar.

RE the new Ruger, MSRP $299 will end up street price around $225. The game apparently is let's see how low we can go...

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

grin.gif

Yeah, these new Steyrs might out-ugly Glocks. Pretty far under the radar.

RE the new Ruger, MSRP $299 will end up street price around $225. The game apparently is let's see how low we can go...

Nah, the only thing to out-ugly the Glock, is a Highpoint, lol. The Steyrs are beautiful and shoot extremely well, IMHO, of course. But, to each, their own. For the Ruger, that is cheap. You generally get what you pay for, though.

Ruger? Ruger? Didn't a guy named Ruger lobby against Glocks because he wanted to keep selling revolvers?

I don't make fun of people who spend thousands on Kimbers with MIM hammers and sears. I don't make fun of people who buy Hi-Points that may or may not operate. But RUGER?!

The EC9s is probably like the 9E. The 9E came out as a less expensive version of an SR pistol. One magazine instead of two, a few less frills or whatever. I think Ruger needed a pistol to compete with the S&W SDVE as far as price point. The new EC9s comes with one magazine and has different sights. Haven't really looked into them much. Maybe the LC9's weren't selling as well as planned. I see the MSRP on the new EC9s is like $299. Probably to compete with the Taurus Millennium G2 which sell for way less and is a pretty decent buy (double stack too).

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Ruger? Ruger? Didn't a guy named Ruger lobby against Glocks because he wanted to keep selling revolvers?

Hold a grudge? Bill Ruger died in 2002. And he didn't lobby against Glocks, he proposed a ban on over 15 round mags. It was in 1989 and he thought a ban on mags was better than a proposed ban on "assault rifles". He paid dearly, your position almost 30 years later is evidence. Not defending W.B.Ruger, just explaining what happened.

Ruger is the largest USA firearms manufacturer, they must be doing something right. It's a different company and a different time. I don't care for many of Ruger's guns but I'm not boycotting them for what he did 30 years ago.

I haven’t been that impressed with the LC9S. The BIL bought one a couple of years ago. He let me take it to the range once. It jammed a couple of times (using WWB 124g NATO-spec ammo, which is fairly warm stuff).

The BIL also told me it’s started to get some surface oxidation on it. Granted, he’s carried it in a pants pocket in the heat of Memphis, but I doubt a Glock slide would have had any corrosion.

They do have good triggers, though.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
I haven’t been that impressed with the LC9S. The BIL bought one a couple of years ago. He let me take it to the range once. It jammed a couple of times (using WWB 124g NATO-spec ammo, which is fairly warm stuff).
They do have good triggers, though.

Yah..I wanted to love it and make it my carry firearm but. It wasn't reliable. Its inbred into it...sadly.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
When people tell me they bought a Kimber, I turn my nose up, sour my face, and proclaim, "What the heck did you do that for?!"

My reaction exactly!

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Ethan1
.......I don't make fun of people who spend thousands on Kimbers with MIM hammers and sears.

Are you tempted to?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back