Free Pennzoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered three 5qt containers of Pennzoil 5w/30, $31 shipped. Arrived today. As soon as I picked up the package, I knew what had happened. Only one jug. It was listed incorrectly on Wal-Mart's website. I called the shipper, Zoro, right away. They issued a refund and let me keep the one jug that they had sent. The day prior, I received 6 quarts of PUP from Pennzoil as part of the Pennzoil UOA program.

Last edited:
I had a similar situation with AMZN a couple of years ago and scored a few free 5 qt. jugs of PU. They really should double proof read their ads. LOL

Originally Posted By: otis24
I ordered three 5qt containers of Pennzoil 5w/30, $31 shipped. Arrived today. As soon as I picked up the package, I knew what had happened. Only one jug. It was listed incorrectly on Wal-Mart's website. I called the shipper, Zoro, right away. They issued a refund and let me keep the one jug that they had sent. The day prior, I received 6 quarts of PUP from Pennzoil as part of the Pennzoil UOA program.

If you have an invoice, don't see why you wouldn't qualify for the $10 rebate....though some might consider it a bit obscene. Not really much different than paying 25c to $1.35/jug for AAP clearance oil.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
They aren't doing the UOA program anymore?

I would've loved to be a part of that

Mu UOA ia almost a year in the making. I received my first kit from Pennzoil late 2016. I changed my oil and ran SuperTech Full Synthetic for my first UOA. I was shooting for 10k OCIs. Before I could do a UOA, the head gaskets went out on my van. I wound up buying a 2016 Grand Caravan with 28k miles. It had a fresh oil change so I ran it about 5k miles before changing. I finally did an oil change and ran SuperTech 5w/30 Full Synthetic. Posted those results in July (?). I finally started a run with PUP. About 3500 miles into the OCI, I lost about 5 out of six quarts of oil due to a Fumoto valve failure. So I added 5 quarts of PUP. I am now almost 6k miles into my current OCI. Saturday, I will leave for Louisiana. It's about 3k miles round-trip so I should be pretty close to being ready for a PUP UOA. I will take an oil sample when I return and continue to run my current fill until the OLM says to change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Originally Posted By: otis24

If you have an invoice, don't see why you wouldn't qualify for the $10 rebate....though some might consider it a bit obscene. Not really much different than paying 25c to $1.35/jug for AAP clearance oil.

Wow agreed, I would submit for the REBATE!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I had a similar situation with AMZN a couple of years ago and scored a few free 5 qt. jugs of PU. They really should double proof read their ads. LOL

It is pretty silly, isn't it? Our Amazon has pricing that isn't indicative of what you're buying, either. I've seen them selling individual quarts for obscene prices, ad copy that makes no sense, and so forth. The best are the pages that make no mention whatsoever of package size, quantity of jugs or bottles, or volume. So, I'm just supposed to let you authorize my credit card for some ridiculous amount and see what comes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back