Thinking of buying this car lift system, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen those before and considered them. Would be pretty nifty for some things. However, the downside (for me) is I'd still be laying on my back on cold, hard, cement. For simple things like oil changes, it'd be pretty nice, although, I couldn't justify the cost just for that.

I wouldn't want it in my garage. I have 4 jacks, 4 small-short jack stands and 4 tall jack stands and wood. The jacks aren't all identical.
I can jack up vehicles in stages up high if needed.
Why do they have 6 sizes for? One lift system might be too big or too small depending on the vehicle? What are they like shoes or what?

Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Made in China, no thanks.

Just like your iphone, computer, TV, etc that you bought and work fine.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC

That's a small minded statement.
Not really.

Originally Posted By: user52165

Just like your iphone, computer, TV, etc that you bought and work fine.

None of those will kill me if they fail.

I’ve had an EZCarlift since 2005. Best tool I ever bought. It’s been used on BMWs , Corvettes, numerous Mazdas etc. Made in USA. You can talk to the owner, leave a message on the website with your # and he’ll call you personally. Boytcho Manev is his name. Real cool cat, serious car guy.

That is about what a used 2-post lift cost! From experience.....Just assume both cylinders need new seals! The old American made Ammco & Rotary lifts can last a lifetime!

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil
Buy this one, Made in USA. I don't have one yet, but it's on my CHRISTmas list.

http://ezcarlift.com/index.html

If I had a level/flat driveway, I'd consider it but I can't help but think that thing would easily sink into the asphalt with the weight of a vehicle on top of it?
21.gif

Amazing... that Chicom stuff should have been priced at 10% of the US made analogue, right? Oh well, I could give them 15% since I am in such festive mood right now. Short minded are the folks that pass on the goods made by their neighbours and then wonder why the neighbourhood is going bad.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: EdwardC

That's a small minded statement.
Not really.

I find it a little extreme to avoid anything based purely on country of origin. I don't disagree that I'd prefer something made in America or Europe, but I don't doubt that China is more than capable of manufacturing quality items, including items where their failure can lead to death.

I like the concept of that style lift though. I think it would be most useful when doing a tire rotation/swap. I like that EZCarLift since it's screw driven vs Hydraulic.

Neat idea but probably best for folks without enough ceiling height for a real 2 or 4 post lift. Since having my lifts, I never want to lay on or near the ground again and the price for that is near to a good 2/4 post lift. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back