RIP Bob Glidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Glidden and Warren Johnson are the Pro Stock names I recall for sure … R.I.P.

I saw him several times run and win at Indy, back when it was called the "US Nationals" (prior to sponsorship).
I've been past his place many times in Whiteland IN. He was a farmer that had a penchant for racing, and it took over his life.
There was a time when he was unbeatable; 10 championships (most or all in Fords, which was a big accomplishment back in the day).

4118682427_fd0a365133_b.jpg

He and Bill Elliott were two of my favorites from back in the day. I have seen too many of my childhood/young adult favorites pass away of late, just reminds me that I am growing older myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuZQEVAkV9U

^ I remember the pro stock final between Bob Glidden and Buddy Ingersoll at Bristol in 1986. Glidden in his 700CI Thunderbird and Ingersoll in his 268CI v6 twin turbo Buick. The turbo Buick was outlawed after the 86 season. Fast forward to the 5 minute mark for the final. May they both RIP.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
He and Bill Elliott were two of my favorites from back in the day. I have seen too many of my childhood/young adult favorites pass away of late, just reminds me that I am growing older myself.

+1 ...

The glovebox door of my 69 Torino is signed by Bob. He signed it at his dinner table. I unbolted it just so he could do it. A friend of mine worked with Rusty at a welding shop and pulled the favor for me. Great guy. He will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back