Are u more a people person or loner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I do love family & friend get togethers however, I like my alone time and I work better alone than with others. I can work with a single partner but, not in large groups.

Me too, people generally suck. I am quite happy by myself most of the time.
I am so anti-social i will not even respond to this thread

I watch those house buying shows where the people say they need a nice space for entertaining. And I think to myself, man I hate entertaining!

I'm definitely and extrovert and enjoy being around people. I do like some time to myself to wind down after being out all day or after getting home from a long day at the office.

I'm just a little socially awkward. However, I really enjoy being around people and have discovered that I like the middle seat on the airlines, as I like to chat. I've met some really interesting people this way. I really look forward to parties and gatherings, especially with like minded people, such as aviation events. I'm very open, as I've found that others can help if they know the issue.

So, I'm absolutely an extrovert, a slightly awkward one. You won't find me as a wallflower at a party, unless I'm really out of my element, such as among a gathering of stuck-up airhead female models... Even then, it's because they are intellectually uninteresting and I can't talk fashion and they can't discuss philosophy.

I absolutely detest parties and whatnot...the Holidays are pure torture for me. Thank heaven for distilled beverages or I would never socialize at all...couple of vodka rocks and at least I can carry a conversation and make small talk successfully.

If there's a dog at the party I'll interact with the beastie and leave the humans alone.

Generally I prefer small groups over large and enjoy some alone time, but it more depends on what I am doing and where I am as to what I consider a comfortable amount of people to be with.

I'm pretty much a loner, always been that way. Never been one to party or go out, even in my teenager years. I can handle people perfectly fine, but I'm one of those "leave me the heck alone people." If I do go out I'll typically stick with the person I know, my small group of friends know this and don't mind. Been working on it though since my one coworker (we work out on the road, so we seem to spend alot of time together) lives just around the block from me. We'll meet at the local watering hole and introduce me to everybody. Now it seems more people come up to me at places; I'm starting not to mind.

As usual, a question is posed using EXTREME language thus effecting our perceptions by "casting".

I'm a "both". I love it when people get together with a common focus. I love my own time.

If I go into a bar and I see it's filled with slugs hunched over their drinks, I leave.

That doesn't make me a loner. It points to me wanting to be in a happy bar.

PLUS "loner" is a pejorative term. People who commit mass killings are often termed "loners" so I'd rather avoid it.

I could SO go on.

Mind your own business.

smile.gif

I talk to myself because I need good advice.
The three of us get along well, Me, Myself, and I.
My home network is named getoffmyLAN.
People suck for the most part, I hate cleaning up my island after they visit.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
It mainly depends on who the other people are.

This is a big part of it.

I'm a people person, but I absolutely hated working in a customer service based industry like insurance.

17 years of small business F2F retail cured being a people person. Don't mind being around people just don't want to interact.

Perfect airline flight: get on, don't leave seat, don't talk to anyone, get off.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
I absolutely detest parties and whatnot...the Holidays are pure torture for me. Thank heaven for distilled beverages or I would never socialize at all...couple of vodka rocks and at least I can carry a conversation and make small talk successfully..

Originally Posted By: Delta
I'm pretty much a loner, always been that way. Never been one to party or go out, even in my teenager years. I can handle people perfectly fine, but I'm one of those "leave me the heck alone people." If I do go out I'll typically stick with the person I know, my small group of friends know this and don't mind. Been working on it though since my one coworker (we work out on the road, so we seem to spend alot of time together) lives just around the block from me. We'll meet at the local watering hole and introduce me to everybody. Now it seems more people come up to me at places; I'm starting not to mind.

Same here.

I absolutely hate being invited to a wedding where I don't know anyone and strangers making small talk really about nothing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back