Anyone have an opinion on Schaeffer's Carbon Treat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a relatively new product. The new buzzwords in the additive industry are asphaltenes and IDID cleaning. Asphaltenes are why your fuel filter is black and the new standard for cleaning internal injector deposits is the Peugeot DW10 Injector Depositing Test which something different than the previous L-10 test. Some blenders are referencing this test in their advertising, some aren't.

The cleaning ability of an additive, to me, is more important than lubricity and this product touts 3 times the detergency to clean injectors in this DW10 test.

Schaeffer has a long history of formulating and a good reputation.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/carbontreat_summer.html

Anyone have an opinion on this? Not in additives in general, but an opinion on this product.

I just started using Schaeffer's Soy Ultra. Purchased a gallon of it from amazon. I have no experience with Carbon Treat. Sorry. Schaeffer's makes quality additives and are highly respected on this board. Just my two cents. First, ask yourself if there is a need/problem you are addressing. Or is this for preventive maintenance?

Good hunting!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

SalesRep is a Schaeffer's sponsor on this forum. He is very knowledgeable and sells their products. I've emailed customer service several times and they never answer any questions. Schaeffer's customer service is horrid. They will e-mail you propaganda brochures, but never answer a question.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

I picked up a gallon from one of the distributors, don't know if it was SalesRep or not. I'll use it in my wife's Q5 TDI. It has 79,000 trouble free miles so I suppose this will be PM. I've always run additives in our cars. Mine was a '11 Touareg TDI that VW threw enough $ at me to assuage their corporate guilt that I sold it back to them. Really loved that car. 176,000 miles when I turned it over to them. I used either RLI or FPPlus with the occasional Schaefer DieselTreat 2000. As I said, I think injector and combustion chamber cleanliness is a more important goal than lubricity in an additive. Thought I'd give this one a try based on the detergency. Other than the marketing, there isn't much information out there on it.

Use it with confidence! The carbon treat line will absolutely perform as stated. Many, many Fleets and fuel distributors can attest to its abilities. Users do not have black filters plugging. The Schaeffers carbon treat line is specifically formulated with today’s extreme pressures and tolerances in mind. Designed for today’s ULSD and bio blends, Carbon Treat is the latest of Schaeffers long and storied history of diesel fuel additives.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
SalesRep is a Schaeffer's sponsor on this forum. He is very knowledgeable and sells their products. I've emailed customer service several times and they never answer any questions. Schaeffer's customer service is horrid. They will e-mail you propaganda brochures, but never answer a question.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Schaeffers customer service is OUSTANDING. They are not really developed to answer the public’s tech questions...ever try to get Mobil or Shell,,,Castrol on the phone to ask the difference between their base stocks or the astm test for ep grease?.?

Contact the reatailer or salesrep you purchased from for answers or contact me, I gladly respond to hundreds of pms emails and phone calls about Schaeffers products.

I use Carbon Treat Summer as well as their #137 Diesel Treat 2000 Summer in both my 2007 LBZ Duramax and 2016 Jeep GC Ecodiesel. Every tank of fuel gets Schaeffer's in it since new and the LBZ generally has their 10w30 in the crankcase as well. I've had ZERO issues with the truck during the past 11+ years towing our 37' TT up and down our Idaho Rockies.
Use with confidence!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back