Puro Synthetic and Puro One OK for 10k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry forgot to mention, I'd be leaving the filters on for 10k, but changing the oil at 5k.

Puro Synthetic (Boss) can easily do it. I wouldn't yet trust the Puro One. Purolator never came clean on the issues. Never admitted it. Don't know if they did anything at all. The Boss is a OK-efficient (not great) full synthetic media filter with plastic mesh backing, so it should be fine. I'd rather have a superior Fram Ultra, and can get one for the same or less than a Boss, but the Boss would be OK.

The reason I am asking about these is I got them on a clearance sale at Kmart for $1.50 each
smile.gif

I would not use anything Puro made, but that is just me.
They are still having tearing issue and problems with the ADV tearing.

Now for the Puro Synthetic, are you talking about the Boss (PBL), or the older one (PSL)?
The Boss has not been having issues with media problems, but some have had ADV issues (sliced, torn, or misalligned).
The PSL was a good filter.
The Pure one is not the filter it used to be. Not something I would use anymore.

If the PSL/PBL ADBV tears (if any encountered) are not affecting your car, surely you can run those. P1/ONE is in the tearolator category, and I personally have not seen any evidence that this issue was ever addressed.
I've abandoned that brand personally. The only temptation is that they make the synthetic filter for applications that others do not (AMSoil, FRAM etc).

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
The reason I am asking about these is I got them on a clearance sale at Kmart for $1.50 each
smile.gif

Run one for 10K, and cut open to examine.

If torn, limit OFI's to 5K.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
I would not use anything Puro made, but that is just me.
They are still having tearing issue and problems with the ADV tearing.

Now for the Puro Synthetic, are you talking about the Boss (PBL), or the older one (PSL)?
The Boss has not been having issues with media problems, but some have had ADV issues (sliced, torn, or misalligned).
The PSL was a good filter.
The Pure one is not the filter it used to be. Not something I would use anymore.

Darn it, i dont have them here to take a pic of them, but one is the "ONE" and the other is like this,

^^^ Yeah, that's the old Purolator Synthetic PSL oil filter, which was a good filter, and I believe the efficiency was 99% @ 25 microns. I would suggest avoiding the old Purolator PureONE yellow filters though like others have advised as well.

OK, I would use a PSL filter for 10,000 miles.

I would not use a yellow Pure One made after 2013 at all.
If you must use it, I would only use it for one oil change (the 5000 miles), cut it open and see if it tore.

How many of each did you get? $1.50 for the PSL is a good deal.

I got 2 of each. Just so you know, the ONE filter I got is not the old yellow Purolator PureOne filter...it's this one:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back