44 year oil QS 10w40, 4.5 years 1811 mi, 1973 240Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: loneryder
Don't thrash that car. It's a classic with no rust. I remember when they came out. Such demand that you couldn't get them. But they rusted out badly. You have something there that a lot of people would want.

It'll still be a classic with no rust whether I drive it like should be driven or not. "You have something there that a lot of people would want". You make it sound like I don't like the car. I do, I love it. If it spins a bearing, I'll rebuild it. No big deal. Make no mistake though, it's a machine and I like using it like it was intended. The only thing I've "restored" was the interior. The rest is patina, sun beaten green paint and pitted chrome. I've restored many actual "nice" cars and this one brings me the most fun as is.

Thanks for sharing! Any photos of the engine bay, or under the valve cover? How many miles are on the car?

Originally Posted By: anthonym6
Thanks for sharing! Any photos of the engine bay, or under the valve cover? How many miles are on the car?

93k miles. No pictures under the valve cover but it looked fine. No rust or sludge.

X3fEfn2.jpg

The only "restored" part of the car:
VUbvh5i.jpg

Very interesting oil analysis...There might be some flea market value to that stash. Recently seen someone trying to sell a bunch of old Sears Spectrum and Kendle from the 70's.

Last edited:
Seeing your vintage oil stash sure brings back memories. My Dad and one of my brothers used QS, and I used Castrol GTX 20W50 in my VW Baja-Bug when I was in my teens.

Don't laugh, but the reason I chose GTX was I liked the look of their oil cans. And I still love the shade of green they used back then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back