Castrol HD 30 in diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you wonderful people. This forum has been a lifesaver for me and an incredibly interesting read. This is my first post and I feel an elementary one. I filled my 1979 with two gallons of Shell Rotella T1. I the. Filled my oil filter about 3/4 full (10 ounces?) with Castrol HD30 a non diesel oil. I ran it to circulate the oil and to obtain an accurate oil level reading. After I did this I though about the Castrol no being a "Diesel rated" oil. My question is: do you think this will cause any damage if left in there for the next 6 months or so while being used 1-2 times per month?

Thank you in advance!

V/r, John

Not knowing what a 1979 is.. guessing by your name its a 784 tractor?

Anyways you are fine. You installed much better oil and filter than was available in 1979.

Plow with confidence.

I guess we are talking tractors here, but not sure. Modern 30 HD is a good oil for most equipment, and some systems. Nothing wrong with it. Much better than was the norm back then
smile.gif

This is what Daimler recommended in that era, and I don't think there's been longer lasting vehicles than those diesels from that era.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

This is what Daimler recommended in that era, and I don't think there's been longer lasting vehicles than those diesels from that era.

ny colour you like, as long as its black?

Thought that was Ford.

And paint.

Looking at it from the age and technology advances over time perspective, you guys are right. Thank you for the peace of mind!

John

Originally Posted By: Ducked
ny colour you like, as long as its black?
Thought that was Ford.
And paint.

I've noticed that "BITOG replaces uploaded image with blank black image" bug, IIRC when attempting to upload a landscape aspect ratio PNG. I think I just ended up using imgur for half the images in that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back