Best tasting,and/or healthiest coffee creamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i prefer straight black coffee if it is decent coffee.

I usually only do creamer if it is bad coffee

then i would put something with the fewest ingredients, either whole milk or full fat half and half

Coffeemate powder ingredients: Corn Syrup Solids, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Coconut and/or Palm Kernel and/or Soybean), Sodium Caseinate (a Milk Derivative)**, Less than 2% of Dipotassium Phosphate, Mono- and Diglycerides, Sodium Aluminosilicate, Artificial Flavor, Annatto Color. **Not a Source of Lactose.

Can you say nasty?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I always use Coffee Mate (the name brand).

Coffee Mate tastes really good to me. HOWEVER,

It contains: Corn syrup solids and Partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil: All partially hydrogenated oils contain high levels of trans fats, which are brutal to your body.

I've gone to organic half n half. I use more, to get the flavor I like, but it's healthier.

Last edited:
I like half and half or even whole milk if I'm drinking the coffee with/after food.

For the morning 2-3x strength (super strong)
coffee I like dunkin donuts extra sweet. Ingredients are sugar and cream
Unlike the regular dunkin donut "sweet cream" which reads like a coffeemate label.

If that didnt make sense:
**Dunkin donuts has "sweet cream" and "extra sweet cream" varieties.

The sweet cream is hydrochemiphobiated junk

The extra sweet cream is Cream and sugar.

Just incase anyone is interested:
coffee cream/light cream is 18% milkfat
heavy cream is too fatty(IMO)runs around 30%-36%
whole milk is around 3.5%
half and half is aprox 10.5-12%

Anything from whole milk to coffee cream is fine to me..
and remember Sugar is really bad for you.. fat.. not as much.

My wife makes us keep half and half at the house, which is probably healthier than a flavored creamer and tastes pretty good in coffee. When I was a bachelor, I was fond of the Bailey's Irish Creme (Non-Alcoholic version). A nice aspect of the Bailey's creamers is that they are dairy-based as opposed to CoffeeMate and International Delight being vegetable oil-based.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I usually just add whole milk or half-and-half.

This.

Try reading the ingredient label on those creamer products..nothing good. Way I see it, if you drink better coffee milk or cream alone is good. It alters the taste of the coffee.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Coffee Mate tastes really good to me. HOWEVER,

It contains: Corn syrup solids and Partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil: All partially hydrogenated oils contain high levels of trans fats, which are brutal to your body.

I've gone to organic half n half. I use more, to get the flavor I like, but it's healthier.

I did not know that. Maybe that's my problem since I'm a heavy CoffeeMate consumer.

Black coffee for me, and more often than not it's either Eight 'O Clock Coffee 100% Colombian or Dunkin Donuts Original, always fresh-ground for every pot, and brewed, most times, with a BUNN Velocity Brew (their classic coffeemaker - $100 at Walmart). I also have a French press, a Bialetti Moka Express, and a pour-over pot.

I have tried the unsalted Irish butter in my coffee also and it's good, but not good enough to continue putting it in there.

Half and half.
Half black coffee, half Irish cream.
Buddy of mine used to make ~130 proof tea, now that had a kick! Third hot tea, 2 thirds Everclear.

I try to stay on a 1800 calorie diary. Coffee Mate and its kin have a nasty ingredients list but only 10 calories per teaspoon, and 1% of fat and 3 percent of saturated. Girl friend has all sorts of flavored creamers and those pack about six times the calories. If I'm not using powdered creamers, I occasionally use soy milk.

Cujet - I bought some half and half tonight because of what you said about trans saturated fats.
What's the difference between half and half and that whipping cream in the pint sized cartons?

Black for 25 yrs. Occasional tot of Gosling's Black Seal Rum. I have coffee and cream when I final taste test Marina's morning coffee. The other day, I made a frappe with coffee ice cream and some left over coffee. Dee-lish
grin2.gif

It all sounds very complicated to me - milk in coffee and tea....sometimes soymilk which gives a bit of vanilla flavour.

Heavy Cream is my "once in a blue moon" delight and only when I go and get groceries by myself...

Normally, half & half is the daily staple.

If I can't drink it black, it's not worth drinking.

That being said, if I'm desperate for coffee and only Dunkin Donuts is available, I get it with milk, since their medium roast is vile. Their dark roast, when available is not that bad, that I can drink black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back