Early Christmas from Shell ROTELLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Guerrero and Shell were very generous to me and provided me with nine U.S. gallons of Shell ROTELLA T6 Multi-Vehicle 5w-30. I guess my service fill conundrum with me running out of stock has been solved, and for a very long time! My stash is brimming once again, and hasn't been this bountiful in a lot of years.

VsXv3e.jpg

66IuP4.jpg

Congrats !! And very good of Chris and Shell.

A full synthetic 5W30 that is CK-4, SN and E6. Sounds good to me.
That should work well in both your vehicles.

BTW nice blue colour bottle.

I'd check with a distributor, redhat. Alternatively, our NAPAs have them, so maybe yours can get them. The distributor pricing was extremely attractive up here. I was quoted under $7 per litre if buying by a box of 3 x 5 L jugs (that's what we get here instead of 1 U.S. gallon), and just over $6 per litre by drum, but that's not exactly practical for me.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Just one more reason I buy Shell/Pennzoil products and stay with them.
thumbsup2.gif

Just one more reason I quit both Shell lubricants And gasoline … (started with PP free stuff) ... all this comes down to is Sub dumping level ~ targeting a brand (based on what members have in signature) rather than keeping it on a level playing field … Chevron becomes my other gasoline and about to try their gear oils …

That's true on some levels, but there's more to it than that. In my case, this product was in my top 2 or 3 choices for the next service fill, anyhow, with me having run out of my Delvac 1 ESP, and the CK-4 rollout and reformulations giving me as good an opportunity as any to try something different, HDEO or PCMO. With respect to the Shell product, the pricing was right at the distributor, and the Canadian package size is more convenient (5 L versus 1 U.S. gallon for the U.S. version or the Canadian Delvac 1 LE 5w-30, also in U.S. gallon jugs), so that appealed to me even when the product was announced and I confirmed the Canadian package size.

Yes, it's going to wipe out one Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 signature line on the board, but that was coming regardless. I've used a lot of Shell products over the years, and, on the other hand, this certainly doesn't make me turn my nose up at Mobil oil or Esso gasoline. I've used a lot of those products over the years, too.

I simply get to conveniently try a product I wanted to try in the first place, and my OCD about mixing is more than satisfied since I have 9 gallons from the same batch.
wink.gif

- Nice score!
- suitable for just about everything, except a Powerstoke ... but I digress
- please tell me that you'll run it longer than 10k kms (lie to me if you must, so I can sleep well tonight).

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
- Nice score!
- suitable for just about everything, except a Powerstoke ... but I digress
- please tell me that you'll run it longer than 10k kms (lie to me if you must, so I can sleep well tonight).

Nothing like dnewton3 being the wet blanket...just like every other threads he posts to.

Thanks for the shout out, Garak! The Shell Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle product is now available at NAPA and O’Reilly’s location. Please call to inquire as the product may not be displayed on the shelves just yet. In addition, NAPA has the product available online.

Caldwell Walmart needs to carry the product. I run the 5W-40 in the wifes powerstroke and thetractor for the winter starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back