Pool Players - Need cue suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, so over the course of the last year I've become a pretty avid pool player, my friends and I typically play 2-4 times a week. At first I used the cue's provided by our pool hall. I picked up a cheap cue from Scheels a few months back, but it simply feels cheap, and is uncomfortable in the hand. I'm looking for suggestions for a (decently priced) cue to purchase. I've been told 20 oz would be a good weight to start with, I'm just not sure where to go from there. Prefer a 2 piece for convenience sake. Thanks!

Find a billiards shop and go try some out. I had a very nice Mucci years ago and someone stole it. I decided that I didn't need a $500 cue. I bought a nice Players cue and have had it for the past 20+ years. Still straight as can be and I only paid around $125 for it. Granted, that was $125 back in the early to mid 90's. But in my opinion they're a great cue to start with a for a really fair price.

Last edited:
Haven't played in a while, but when I was in a traveling band, played a lot and won a couple of Sunday tournaments around various towns we were hunkered down in waiting to hit the road for the next gig. I carried a sneaky pete with me. It unscrewed in the middle, but looked exactly like a standard bar cue. Really loved that thing and still got it, just don't use it anymore. It's still balanced and straight. Crazy what some of the prices are nowadays. I think I paid 20 bucks for that one and still good to go. When breaking the rack, that at least to me, is the most important thing about a pool cue. I mean face it, after the break, you're really not pounding that cue so much.

Used to play a ton back in the day...even been one win out from the money in the state tournament a couple of times. My favorite cue brand by far is Schmelke. They are solid, feel great, and last a long time. The cue I have now has been pretty well mistreated, kept in a garage, kept in a car, temperature extremes, you name it, and it is still arrow straight and shoots fantastic. Oh, they aren't all that crazy expensive either!

https://schmelkecue.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back