Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to change my own oil and have found drain valves facilitate a clean change. Doing some research I came across the Stahlbus Oil Change Valve. I like the clean look and simple design so I went ahead and ordered/installed one to replace my oil drain plug. It has a copper o-ring gasket that is torqued to 15 ft lbs, a screw on cover and quality construction.

After changing my oil recently i was impressed with it's ease of use. I was able to drain the oil into two empty gallon water jugs easily and without a mess for recycling. I prefer to drain oil straight into gallon jugs with screw on tops that don't leak, like most of the designed oil change containers do. Just drop them off at Autozone & I'm good to go, with nary a drop of oil spilled.

i highly recommend the Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve.

My car has an eight quart sump, this valve makes draining the oil into two gallon jugs without a mess a snap, but would work well for cars with a smaller sump draining into one jug too.

Originally Posted By: Joenpb
I like to change my own oil and have found drain valves facilitate a clean change. Doing some research I came across the Stahlbus Oil Change Valve. I like the clean look and simple design so I went ahead and ordered/installed one to replace my oil drain plug. It has a copper o-ring gasket that is torqued to 15 ft lbs, a screw on cover and quality construction.

After changing my oil recently i was impressed with it's ease of use. I was able to drain the oil into two empty gallon water jugs easily and without a mess for recycling. I prefer to drain oil straight into gallon jugs with screw on tops that don't leak, like most of the designed oil change containers do. Just drop them off at Autozone & I'm good to go, with nary a drop of oil spilled.

i highly recommend the Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve.

Do you have any relation with Stahlbus? Manufacturer or distributor.

Originally Posted By: Donald

Do you have any relation with Stahlbus? Manufacturer or distributor.

No, just something I tried and like.

Originally Posted By: PiperOne
Prefer a Fumoto...almost half the cost and a lot simpler

I used a Fumoto Valve on another car and it worked well, prefer the Stalhbus because it looks cleaner and cannot be switched to drain accidentally, no matter how unlikely that might happen.

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
Fram used to make one of those.

I've been running a new-old-stock Fram SureDrain SD3 from ebay on my Lexus since earlier this year. Pretty happy with it. I think I paid $18, and the seller threw in an extra drain hose.
Was also considering the similar ones from Unique Truck Equipment, but like this Stahlbus they're comparatively expensive.

Stahlbus's design does seem more convenient in that the drain mechanism is press-in rather than screw-on.

I think I still have a new Fram Suredrain that I bought years ago for my 98 K1500 chevy truck that I never installed. I may have to try and find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back