Worst Food You've Eaten Recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weeks ago Kroger sent me a freebie coupon for a package of "DORITOS LOADED". A frozen snack which (supposedly) consists of a dollop of liquid nacho cheese (well, it will be liquid after you bake it) encased in a shell of Doritos chips pieces that have been pulverized almost into dust but not quite. I made the mistake of baking 8 of them at one time. The first two were barely palatable, and by then the others had cooled enough to be almost chewy cheese. UGH!!! How this product made it out of the testing labs I will never know. Avoid these if you can. Everything I had left went immediately into the bin.

GrtArtiste

I made a DiGiorno meatball pizza the other day. I had about a slice and a half, and the rest went in the trash.

Terrible. The crust had an overly corn meal taste on the bottom and the cheese had a strange texture. It was in no way to be confused with delivery.

Well, the turkey, ham, ribeyes, fish, oysters, shrimp, BBQ, etc came to an abrupt end with a DQ hotdog last night.

Looked like the longest Libby’s Vienna sausage I’ve ever seen and half a jar of cheap mustard that killed the fake chili taste …

Originally Posted By: SR5
There is a dubious Australian fast food called the "Chiko Roll" or as we called them at school a "Chunder Tube".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiko_Roll

The Chiko Roll was introduced to the Australian taste buds at the Wagga Wagga Agricultural Show - up there with Paris, Rome and Tokyo as one of the iconic birth places of fine food. It was back then, in 1951, called a Chicken Roll but was forced to change it's name due to the inconvenient fact that it contained no actual chicken. It's dominant ingredients are beef tallow fat - to harden the arteries, and pulped cabbage - to increase wind production. It was deep-fried in oil, the only way to cook any food of note.

Their design criteria was to create something easily eaten on the move or at a footy match, without the hinderance of plate or cutlery. Give it's aspect ratio, and the need to survive a cheer from the side lines, this required a certain amount of torsional strength to be designed into the food product. Note taste and nutrition were not seen as an essential part of the food design.

With such a pedigree, they have of course become a cultural icon.

A couple of months ago, the local Burger Kings had these fried Cheetoes Mac&Cheese things ... macaroni and cheese pressed into a log, covered in breading and inordinate amounts of Cheeto cheese dust, then deep fried. I wasn't sure what to make of them at first. Very salty. Overload of cheese flavoring. Greasy. But I ate them all.

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
A couple of months ago, the local Burger Kings had these fried Cheetoes Mac&Cheese things ... macaroni and cheese pressed into a log, covered in breading and inordinate amounts of Cheeto cheese dust, then deep fried. I wasn't sure what to make of them at first. Very salty. Overload of cheese flavoring. Greasy. But I ate them all.

I was wondering about these but never had them, so I guess I'm not qualified to post in this thread.
laugh.gif

Saw the announcement on a letter-board and did a double-take.

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Garbage processed junk....wouldn't even consider that food.

Wow. This reads EXACTLY like a Pop_Rivit post. I am making no judgments. It's simply uncanny.

Not all that recent, but still memorable! The KFC double down....

I don't normally eat fast food but the odd time we get some kfc and I can have a couple pieces without any effects, so I was interested enough to order the thing, but the double down didn't taste all that great and digested much worse... I think it was the "cheese sauce".

Been there myself Dallas69. It will go away when you're through with chemo but seems like forever while on chemo.

Last edited:
We both had a salad that tasted like dirt at our favorite pizza place. The top looked great, but you could tell they placed it there to hide the lesser fresh stuff.

First food I've ever returned at a restaurant.

The thing on junk food is in the digestive junk food feeds the bad bacteria. With todays Industrial food it's almost impossible to be 100% free ... the way is. So one needs to cleanse the digestive to prevent over growth of BAD bacteria just like in the soil. Cleansers like vinegar add when cooking, fresh grated garlic or when eating raw fish I always take couple of drops of 100% Greek Oregano oil potent stuff. Green Tea, tangerine peel tea, lemon tea eating fruits and veggie. When eating meat mix with veggie to feed good bacteria for digestive.

If one digestive is in bad shape you need to cleanse yourself and feed the good bacteria. Once cleansed the occasional junk food won't over power the feeding of bad bacteria in the digestive. That's the key.

I was really looking forward to the IDEA of a pumpkin milkshake at Sonic back in the fall.

The real thing was so bad I couldn't finish it. Sickly-sweet, and it had a topping crumble that tasted like salt and fryer grease at the same time.

My kid got a cookies and cream concoction and couldn't eat it, either. That's the first time she's ever asked if she could stop eating a dessert.

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
I was really looking forward to the IDEA of a pumpkin milkshake at Sonic back in the fall.

The real thing was so bad I couldn't finish it. Sickly-sweet, and it had a topping crumble that tasted like salt and fryer grease at the same time.

My kid got a cookies and cream concoction and couldn't eat it, either. That's the first time she's ever asked if she could stop eating a dessert.

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back