Anyone notice difference with AAFES gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was at Ft. Bragg gr8 a few years I used to fill up on post due to convenience for location and cheap prices. Now I did notice a difference though and the big one is that my mpg dropped everytime I used gas there. When I got Shell or BP the car ran smoother and my mpg returned. Seeing if anyone ever noticed a difference?

Only thing that comes to mind that AAFES gasoline may not be top tier gasoline. In the vehicles my wife and I own we get good mileage with either Shell or Marathon gasoline.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
Only thing that comes to mind that AAFES gasoline may not be top tier gasoline.

Of course it isn't top tier.

It's the same cheap swill that is purchased at the lowest price possible at any number of cheap stations.

I talked to one of the tanker drivers who was filling up the tanks and asked him where the gas is coming from. He seemed hesitant when he spoke on where it came from and what kind of additives they use but he did say it's the same gas they put at the Valero stations.

Never had any problems with PX gas, always fill up whenever me and the misses go on our monthly visit to the local Naval Air Station.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back