Huskey or Weathertech floorliners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which are better? About the same price for either brand. I have weather tech in the elantra but have never tried huskey.

Thanks

I also see these on amazon but have never heard of them.

https://www.amazon.com/Okutech-Surrounded-Waterproof-Leather-Custom/dp/B0188BOD0K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513529576&sr=8-1&keywords=okutech%2Bcx-5&th=1

I have Weathertechs on my Caravan. Some people don't like the Weathertech design for the Caravan since it makes it hard to access the middle row stow n go.

I don't have any problem with them.

What vehicle are they for?

I have used both. Weathertech seems to be made of harder material. Huskey softer material, less slippery, conform better IMO.
I like the Huskey liner in the back seat, that it comes apart in two pieces. Much easier to remove and clean.
Both are great quality. I would go with what ever I could get the better price.

I have Rugged Ridge in the front of my Jeep and Weathertecs in the rear. Both are excellent, but the Rugged Ridge are much thicker and better in my opinion. The chevron pattern of the Rugged Ridge are probably more suitable for trucks and SUV's vs. cars. In messy snow country these things are a blessing and I will never be without them again.

I have both also. Weathertech in the Fit and Husky in the Forester.

I prefer the Husky liner since the bottom of the liner has spikes that keep them in place vs. the Weathertech which slides around a little bit.

When I bought my car, the previous owners put in Weathertech. They've been ok, but little things like the name plate fell off and they don't seem to quite fit or they're a little loose. Otherwise they're still going, I probably would have preferred getting regular rubber mats and carpet depending on summer/winter mix.

And if you want to splurge, there's always autopreme.

https://www.autopreme.com/collections/floor-mat

I had Weathertech ones in the Charger and they fit well, however the ones for the Jeep were very poor fitting and I ended up trading them for the Husky Liners, which we had in the Durango, and fit extremely well. The dummy pedal on the Husky liner is also significantly taller, so you aren't getting snow/salt/water down in behind the liner with your foot on it, like was the case with the Weathertech ones.

To some degree, things like fitment will vary by car model. Obviously the material, the feel, and look isn't going to vary based on the car they're in.

For the '13-16 Ford Fusion, I went with the Husky. They provided MORE coverage, first off - isn't that a huge point of all-weather mats ? Second, they were about $120 for the front and rear while the Weathertechs were $180+.

I have Husky liners and love them. Weathertechs are great too. I would look at what covers the best, sometimes they cover the same, sometimes one is better. For my Liberty, Husky and Weathertech cover the same, but for my Cherokee, the Weathertechs don't cover under the pedals whereas the Huskys do.

My family has three cars, one with Weathertech, one with Husky and the latest with Maxliner. They all work just fine but I think I like the Maxliner best mainly because they are just as nice as the others, fit just as well but they are cheaper. I bought a complete set including the cargo liner for about $100 less then the others would have cost. Coupon codes at the big retailers usually work with Maxliner but not the others which is how I ended up with Maxliner this time. I have Husky in my truck and have no complaints about them. They are the most flexible of the three. My wife has weathertech in her car and she likes them as well.

I bought Husky for my Rav4 because those cover the dead pedal while the Weathertechs did not. Pretty much covers the entire floor and parts of the sides. I really like 'em.

From the youtube videos that I've watched, the Huskey's seemed to have taken the WeatherTech just that little bit further
in terms if fitment. As the Huskey's seem to go up the sides of the floor a bit higher and hold to the vehicle carpet just a
bit better due to it's nubs underneath.

Don't know about Husky. But, 20 years ago I bought Weathertech and they last for twenty years. Well, I recently purchased new Weathertech. They are cheap and are nothing compared to the original. I will NEVER buy Weathertech again. The originals were almost double the weight and thickness. Everything is Chinese cheap today!

Good hunting!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

I like WT. Have set in the Journey and as I'm in/out of it multiple times a day it really cuts down on the mess on the black carpet with the white salt in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back