Openibg Christmas presents procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do one present at a time to see what people got. Then move on to the next person.

What do you do?

We're kind'a all over the map when it comes time for opening presents. What we did last/previous years may not apply this year...and on & on!

I'm Jewish and have 2 sisters and 2 brothers. We got gifts on the first day of Hanukkah. We'd open them all it once, it was chaos.
My wife is also Jewish, but in addition to exchanging gifts on Huanukkah, we give each other a gift for Xmas. It's always clothes, something she wants me to wear
and I buy her something I wanna see her in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'm Jewish and have 2 sisters and 2 brothers. We got gifts on the first day of Hanukkah. We'd open them all it once, it was chaos.
My wife is also Jewish, but in addition to exchanging gifts on Huanukkah, we give each other a gift for Xmas. It's always clothes, something she wants me to wear

Hey, wait a minute. You get Hanukkah gifts and Xmas gifts!? You can't do that. That's like double dipping.
grin.gif

Us parents don’t exchange gifts, we all have everything we want already! Perhaps a bottle of wine maybe but that’s about it - and it’s not wrapped. We have one single child in my whole family, my grand niece, and for her it’s a real party. Once we’re gone that’s it for my family here in America, excepting my niece and grand niece.

Originally Posted By: Nitronoise
my old boss Ira, took all the Jewish holidays and christian holiday was a pro at double dipping . glad I dont work for him any more

Sounds like the boss didn't want to work and was taking advantage of the double holiday thing to lay out. I've worked with people who don't want to work really and they lay out often. What amazes me is that sometimes bosses/managers let someone like that get by with it or maybe they even reward them, which creates a bad work environment and is a slap in the face to all the other hard-working employees.

Originally Posted By: Nitronoise
my old boss Ira, took all the Jewish holidays and christian holiday was a pro at double dipping . glad I dont work for him any more

Lots of people do that at work...

Originally Posted By: ZZman
We do one present at a time to see what people got. Then move on to the next person.

The same.

It's an occasion that should last more than a measly 5 minutes.

We do the one-present-at-a-time thing but put the pedal down. You get 30-60 seconds of attention to ooh and ahh then you get to fidget with your new thing while someone else gets a box. Also someone plays "Santa" and gets booed by my dad for sucking at it.

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
Originally Posted By: skyactiv

Hey, wait a minute. You get Hanukkah gifts and Xmas gifts!? You can't do that. That's like double dipping.
grin.gif

You guys are funny!!! LOL
laugh.gif

Made my day, thank you.

Last edited:
Littlest one (that is capable), hands out gifts, one at a time until everyone gets one. Everyone opens, then repeat.

This works until your little ones are no longer little. Not sure where we'll go when we get there, maybe just free-for-all!

Originally Posted By: eljefino
We do the one-present-at-a-time thing but put the pedal down. You get 30-60 seconds of attention to ooh and ahh then you get to fidget with your new thing while someone else gets a box. Also someone plays "Santa" and gets booed by my dad for sucking at it.

Lol

What do you do?

The plan this year:
Pick up gifts.
Carry outside.
Stuff into oil drum.
Liberally douse with kerosene.
Drop in lit match.
Get in car.
Drive home.
Pour booze down my throat until I pass out.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

What do you do?

The plan this year:
Pick up gifts.
Carry outside.
Stuff into oil drum.
Liberally douse with kerosene.
Drop in lit match.
Get in car.
Drive home.
Pour booze down my throat until I pass out.

You almost sound angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back