NY EZ-Pass toll violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
A few months ago I received a toll violation for a license plate I haven't had for years and that had never been in the state of NY. I disputed it and sent it back, and now I just received another one threatening to send it to collections.

Anyone have any suggestions in fighting this thing? Or am I better off just donating $65 to the state of NY?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Did you leave the plates on one of your previous cars that was sold or traded in?

Nope, it's in the garage. Lesson learned to surrender it to the DMV.

Is there a way to call someone directly and dispute it.

A supervisor perhaps to listen to your story? You cant be the first one.

They have to send you photographic proof that the plate was captured "violating". The 407 ETR tollway up here is terrible for sending invoices to plates that were never on the highway. We get 1 or 2 a year...and when we ask for the photo, it is clearly not our plate (usually the same or close numbers...but the wrong state/province!)

They have to prove the plate in question was on their roadway evading tolls.

Send the $65 to me, I'll take care of it for you.
wink.gif

Serious, keep disputing it. They will come back and ask for more.
Toll roads in Texas are always sloppy in their violation notices.
Make them prove they are correct.
Have you contacted the Arizona DMV? Maybe they have on recored the plate was turned in.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Lawyer costs more than $65

Proving to the NY toll authority to shove off..........priceless

I got one a couple weeks ago,come find out the photo of the plate didn't match the number of the plate they typed into the system(my plate was missing one of the digits in the camera image).I e mailed them and they changed it.It wasn't NY by the way...

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Lawyer costs more than $65

Yes but he could get another one of these every week this is the kind of problem you resolve unless you no longer live in NY in which case you tell them to shove it!

Leave it to the highest cost of living Draconian State to chase after this little money. Tell them you are on fixed income and pay it over 3 months. Next, call the British government and tell them if they try another invasion like 200 years ago that we wont come to the aid of NY they can have it.

Yikes. There are some exciting responses here.

Am I correct in assuming that you never received notice of the dispute resolution? That may have been lost. Do you have proof of mailing or tracking info?

Call them up and explain what happened. Report back if your situation isn’t remedied. 800-333-8655

You can also check the status here.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Call in. A live person will review the photo.

I agree....I live in NY and have EZPass and I've found their people (agents?) to be pretty decent (fair)..I certainly wouldn't pay it if you aren't guilty.

Originally Posted By: PiperOne
They have to send you photographic proof that the plate was captured "violating".
They have to prove the plate in question was on their roadway evading tolls.

YES

Originally Posted By: BalticBob

Make them prove they are correct.

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back