Subaru 2018 Crosstrek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up today 5 miles looks like easy oil change filter # 15208aa160 on engine now looking to stick with OEM or anyone been running aftermarket bypass issues or not. This is first Subaru I own any tips appreciated btw wife loves it I will never get to drive it.

Congrads! Please post pics.......

I've recently considered Subaru, but I've heard they burn oil. I have no idea about the new ones. Check the threads on this board.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: Pajero

I've recently considered Subaru, but I've heard they burn oil. I have no idea about the new ones. Check the threads on this board.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

thumbsup2.gif

That's why I don't have a 2017 Forester in my driveway right now and am still driving a 2004 Corolla that isn't a real oil consumer!

Last edited:
The oil consumption problem was fixed for model yr 2016 and on is my understanding.

Always use Subaru OEM filters on my '09. Check Wix, believe they make a filter that cross references and has the correct bypass psi threshold if you want to use after market.

It's just two cars, but I haven't had any consumption in my '14 Forester XT (2.0l turbo) or my daughter's '15 Impreza (2.0l NA) to date.

Originally Posted By: Pajero

Respectfully,

Pajero!

IMHO Subaru burning oil is akin to the legend of the OCOD, over represented and over reported.

They’re a quality piece of engineering, run yours with no worries.

Maintain your new Subaru and you should get many years of service out of it. I would also stick with OEM filter and use a major brand of synthetic oil of your choice. Your oci should depend on how your wife will drive it., either short trips or highway miles.

Congrats on your new Subaru.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Maintain your new Subaru and you should get many years of service out of it. I would also stick with OEM filter and use a major brand of synthetic oil of your choice. Your oci should depend on how your wife will drive it., either short trips or highway miles.

Congrats on your new Subaru.
most likely 5k with M1 diffs at 10k CVT seems smooth as glass

I have a 17 Impreza I run Mobil 1 0w20 and either the Mobil 1 filter or Oem filter. I believe these cars use the same engine and are very similar other then the crosstrek being lifted. I have not had a single issue in the past year which I have put 21,000 mi on it. I have a good friend that is a subaru tech and the only issues he has seen is a few software issues and little bugs that are easily fixed. Keep in touch if you want with the mileage I put on my car I should have problems if any before you. And so far it’s one of the best commuting cars I have had so far.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Everyone running E10 or stick with E0 premium

No reason to run premium in a non-turbo Soob.

Stick to an oil filter that has the proper bypass setting. Wix makes one(57055), many others do not.
87 octane is fine in your new car. Some vehicles will adjust the ignition timing with higher octane fuel and provide a better feel.
keyword some.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Stick to an oil filter that has the proper bypass setting. Wix makes one(57055), many others do not.
87 octane is fine in your new car. Some vehicles will adjust the ignition timing with higher octane fuel and provide a better feel.
keyword some.
I do own a Mazda 3 with skyactive technology love it was tough not to stick with the same mfg.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
keyword some.

Many Subarus (Subari?) over the years. Many with the newer FB and FA engines. The Wix 57055 or Napa Gold 7055 are great choices. Easily available at O'reilly or Napa. Two Wix 57055's sitting in my garage now waiting to go into duty.

I use Subaru filters I order on Amazon by the 6 pack. Have Fumoto valve. Using NAPA 0W20 synthetic I got on sale. But my supply is almost gone.

We have mice problems in both Subaru vehicles.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Everyone running E10 or stick with E0 premium

E0 premium?? That's vaporware around here...can't get E85, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back