11 Camry 2.5l, castrol Edge 0w20, 8765 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report does look good. What did the oil life monitor show for oil life remaining? Aren't these cars spec'd for 5,000 mile intervals?

Yeah, the report looks fine. However, I agree with PimTac here. That doesn't look like Castrol Edge. None of that add pack lines up with Edge, which usually has about 80 ppm moly, triple digit ppm boron, and much more ZDDP.

It was Castrol edge black bottle with titanium, the previous 2 oil changes were done with Valvoline synpower 0w20, perhaps that is the reason why the additives don't add up, oil was purchased at AZ 2 years ago.

The manual says 1 year, 10k on these 4 cyl Toyota engines, I believe the 6 cyl call for 6 months 5k miles.

Last edited:
That would explain the sodium then. Edge black has 210ppm of boron if my memory is correct. Titanium is single digits. Did you change the oil or have someone else do it? Reason for asking is many dealers and quickie lubes don’t give much time for the old oil to drain so you end up with a blend of old and new oil.

No I've changed my own oil for years, and I got the sample in the middle of the draining process, just like Blackstone advised, I'm.not sure what else it could be, unless the sample got mixed up.

Originally Posted By: JustN89
Yeah, the report looks fine. However, I agree with PimTac here. That doesn't look like Castrol Edge. None of that add pack lines up with Edge, which usually has about 80 ppm moly, triple digit ppm boron, and much more ZDDP.

I think Castrol Changed the formula, I have been using Castrol Edge 0w40 in my car for about 4 yrs now. I just did a UOA and showed zero Moly and other changes.

[img:left]
TxP7Rpw.jpg
[/img]

The one of the far left is the newest Castrol Edge Tested just this month. Formula must have changed.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back