Recommend a high mileage oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run Mobile 1 High Mileage in my Prius and my Tacoma. In both I change the Fram Ultra Synthetic filter every 7-8k miles.

Ive been reading that they're basically garbage filters... Is there something better I could use for the 15-20k oil change?

Originally Posted By: MilesToEmpty
I run Mobile 1 High Mileage in my Prius and my Tacoma. In both I change the Fram Ultra Synthetic filter every 7-8k miles.

Ive been reading that they're basically garbage filters... Is there something better I could use for the 15-20k oil change?

Where you been reading that, on here? Please provide links, technical data and proof, or troll in some other forum please.

And it's Mobil, not Mobile. Mobile is a city in Alabama.

Fram Ultra Synthetic is a fine filter. IMO no filter should be run for 15-20K filter. Even those rated for it. Just personal opinion here. You might also look into an M1 filter rated for high mileage or an Amsoil EAO filter.

The Fram Ultra filter might just be the most vetted and approved of filter on this forum. It always looks good in C&Ps, has held up very well over long drain intervals and boasts a very good efficiency rating. For the money, the Fram Ultra makes a great case for being the best bang for your buck when it comes to oil filters.

Car groups on Facebook sadly.

There's the problem right there!!!! Facebook..... What do they recommend on FB?

Fram Ultra's are one of the best.

FU is the best oil filter for most applications. The ratings are outstanding. FU are now rated up to 20,000 miles. Use the search function on this forum for Fram Ultra Synthetic.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: JC1
Car groups on Facebook sadly.

There's the problem right there!!!! Facebook..... What do they recommend on FB?

Fram Ultra's are one of the best.

Only using the OEM filters. Or using a Royal Purple (I wont touch anything RP.)

As its time for me to do oil changes, I guess Ill stick with the Fram again!

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Where you been reading that, on here? Please provide links, technical data and proof, or troll in some other forum please.

And it's Mobil, not Mobile. Mobile is a city in Alabama.

I think I just read the best troll post of 2017.
lol.gif

Don't believe social media clowns on Facebook!
wink.gif

Fram Ultra is one of, if not the best filter on the market. Whoever told you that was very high on themselves!

Royal Purple filters are pretty dang stout! Very similar to Amsoil's filters.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

Royal Purple filters are pretty dang stout! Very similar to Amsoil's filters.

From all the pictures posted on here I have seen...

Royal Purple and Amsoil filters ARE (made by or licensed to) Donaldson Synteq.

Identical in appearance.

Some people out there who are not in the know are probably still confusing the Fram Ultra with all the other Fram filters. Pretty much all the wire backed synthetic media filters on the market today will hold up to high miles easily. I say "pretty much" because the jury is still out on the Boss Purolator with its nylon mesh backed media. The big question is why they chose nylon mesh instead of steel wire mesh.

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
I say "pretty much" because the jury is still out on the Boss Purolator with its nylon mesh backed media. The big question is why they chose nylon mesh instead of steel wire mesh.

Probably cheaper and easier to manufacture because the nylon mesh is bonded to the media and becomes one component/assembly. Where as on the Ultra or other metal wire mesh backed filters, the metal mesh needs to be handled as a separate component in the construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back