Cooper Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do Cooper tires rate for the BITOG crew?

going on a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer, no off-road use.

(not private label tires made by Cooper)

I have the Cooper Discoverer SRX on my Jeep. So far, excellent wear and all-season traction.

http://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-srx.aspx?bvrrp=5486%2Freviews%2Fproduct%2F2%2F413_Sport_Utility.htm

I have Cooper Discoverer's on my 96 Cherokee, very quiet and ride nice but not great in the snow or on slick roads.

Im running Zeon RS3A's, my first set of Coopers. Ive run pielli p7's and Michelin's and so far they are my favorite! Great in wet or dry, but could be that they are my 1st so called performance tire AA traction rating.

I've always been happy with Cooper tires, even the private label ones.
01.gif

Discoverer H/T's on my 2010 Ranger, quiet, smooth, same balance job with 16K miles on them, rotated twice. Haven't had them in snow yet. If not good in snow, then Cooper Discoverer M+S LT235/75r15 will go on. I know they work.

Second set of A/T3's on my ex's Sport Trac. They've been great tires, even on a truck like an Explorer that loves to eat front tires.

Currently using Cooper Zeon RS3-A all season tire on my Acura CSX, size is 215/45/r17. This was my first mid-range tire brand purchase. I used to buy top tier brands in the past.

Overall, I am happy with them. Dry grip is great, wet grip is good. I put about 5k miles in 4 months and then switched to winter tires. They are noisier than my winter tires though (Continental Wintercontact SI), especially over 50+ mph or highway speeds. I can't say they are track worthy, as they are technically "all season" tires, but definitely great option if you are looking for good dry traction on the street.

I'd get Coopers if they are 25-30% or more cheaper than top tier competitors, like Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone, Pirelli etc.

Have a set of Cooper Discoverer H/T's on the Jeep. Snow traction I feel is going to be a real issue. They lost traction on a small amount of snow up our small incline driveway. They also flat spot real easy; the truck sits about a week or so at the time.

My Cooper Discoverer HTPs that I purchased from Discount Tire for a Tacoma are wearing and riding great. Just had them rotated and balanced at DT and tire counter guy noted they looked real good. Got an excellent deal too, DT store matched DT @ebay $100 off $400 and Cooper rebate on top of that. Very satisfied with the Coopers. And fwiw, made in the US.

I don't do any off roading either.

Cooper RS3A on my 2013 Mustang GT and quite satisfied with them. Much better dry grip then the strictly summer Perellis that came stock and much better in the rain not to mention they cost much less then most high performance tires.

According to several Mustang forums the Cooper RS3S sticky summer high performance tire is a real good tire and well worth the $.

I also have Cooper Discover AT3's new in October of this year and so far this is by far the best AT tire I have ever had. They are reasonably quiet great in the rain fantastic in torrential rain extremely hydroplane resistant and the last few weeks I was able to try them in the snow both deep snow and slush and for a tire that does not carry a sever snow rating they really have great snow traction much better then I expected.

Cooper makes a great tire, you can consider Mastercraft which is also made by Cooper. I've had the Cooper AT3's, CS5 and CS3's, all were great. I just put a set of 80,000 mile Mastercraft LSR grand touring tires on the Wifes Santa Fe.

Currently running 2 sets and really like them. Was a busy Sept/Oct for me as I had to buy 2 new sets of tires.

Zeon RS3-G1 on the Taurus SHO. I think I'm up to about 3 or 4k on them now. FANTASTIC tire. Insane grip, wet or dry and while I can't speak for snow yet I bet they will be fine. Only downside is they seem to flatspot easily buy I remember the previous Michelins doing the same when new. Would not hesitate to buy them again.

Discoverer AT3 on the F150. Same deal - I think up to 2k on them now. Great tire. Quiet and very good traction. Did have a chance to try them in the snow yesterday and they performed wonderfully. Again would not hesitate to recommend.

I am very pleased with my Cooper Tires. All of my Coopers were Made in USA and very price competitive.

2008 Honda Odyssey with Cooper CS4 tires....great ride, quiet and tread wear is much better than the original equipment Michelin tires.

2001 Pontiac Bonneville with Cooper CS4 tires....mirrors comments from the Honda.

2011 Nissan X-Terra with Cooper Discoverer SRX tires....only 1,000 miles so far but great ride and quiet.

Buy with confidence.

Thanks for the replies!
My LTS has always been a great place to do business.
Their main line is Cooper, so I have always bought them, but have not run other brands to compare. The shop can get any brand tire, so I was curious if there is another brand I should try.
Good reports ....... I will stay with the Cooper tires, why change just to change?
grin.gif

My Cooper experiences have been very positive.

My new to me truck came with Discoverer AT/3. When I first got the truck, I figured they looked quite worn, but would probably barely eke out a summer from them. They went cross country this summer, and phenomenal traction in torrential downpours. I was shockingly surprised. They also handled ice and light snow recently with no issues. I will definitely run them for one more summer.

I replaced my fifth wheel tires with Motomaster APL. These are a private label rebrand of the Discoverer HTP with very minor tread pattern differences. Over 10,000 miles in trailer service this summer with no issues whatsoever.

And I have a Cooper exclusive to Canadian Tire as the winter boots for my newest vehicle. The Winter Edge. I think I may even say I like them slightly more than the Continental ExtremeWinterContact that are on my van.

I'm sure they make some duds too, but all of the ones I've used have been great.

I put a set of Cooper Zeon RS3-A tires, sized 215/55R17, on my Fusion back on April 9, 2016. The car had 212,995 miles on it at the time.

I drive 55 miles to work each day, and 55 miles back, making for a 110 mile round trip drive in Phoenix weather, which daytime temps anywhere from about 35 degrees in the winter, to over 120 degrees in the heart of the summer. Speeds typically get up to about 75 mph during my commute.

As of this morning, the car has 245,448 miles on it, which means the tires have 32,453 miles on them. They show no signs of cracking, chunking, etc.. and they all look basically like this:

Pretty good, I'd say. Tread depth is around 7/32" on all tires.

I had a set of the Cooper made Big O Bigfoot AT that were identical to the Discoverer AT. They were probably the worst AT tire I’ve ever had. Similar capabilities as an all season tire off road and noisy on the highway. They did last 40k miles though so I guess that was their one good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back