New BBQ tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
TV IS useful for something.

Was watching an Adam Richmond show, and he came to a burger place that made their own spatulas...out of brick laying trowels.

Knocked one up myself for less than $4.

Keeps your hand an extra inch away from the heat, and the angle on the sides is better for chopping the onions as they cook.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
replace plastic handle with wood?

Wife bought the original implement...bought the cheapie, will upgrade soon.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
sweet! when's dinner?

I haven't used it yet...12Y.O. son has done the two BBQs since I made it, and is a fan.

(Funny, his sister burred up the other day "Connor's cooking every meal on the BBQ so that he doesn't have to do the dishes")...fine by both me and my wife. Rather have a volunteer at something that he likes than have to direct everything.

I firmly believe Australians and Americans are simply identical twins, separated at birth.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
I firmly believe Australians and Americans are simply identical twins, separated at birth.
crackmeup2.gif

Oh, I agree...the couple of times taht we've been to the states, we all get along famously.

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
crackmeup2.gif

It certainly feels that way.

My first time to the States and I was approaching US Immigration in LAX. I was alone, but as people from other planes joined the flow, I randomly found myself part of a big group of young men. Strangely they were all dressed in a similar fashion and almost identical to what I was wearing. We all looked the same with short hair and serious looks all round. It produced the general feeling of sinister purpose to the group that I was somehow now part of.

Next thing we were all surrounded by uniforms and pulled aside. Lady in charge demanded to know who we were and what we were doing. Before anybody else spoke I answered in my thick Australian accent "G'day... I'm from Australia and I've never seen these other guys before. "

She points at me and said "Right...you can go !" and she waved me through immigration and out onto the streets of LA. The other guys were detained behind closed doors to be interviewed. No idea what happened to them....no Aussie accent & passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back