Do Yall Change Your Mower's Oil B4 Putting Up for

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally dont have time. I usually am cutting grass or chomping leaves until it gets cold enough/Christmas comes, and its not on my mind.

So I generally end up doing it in the spring, regardless of my best intentions...

I do nothing with the oil in the fall. But I do drain the gas out of the tank. The oil will get changed with my OIC left overs before I start mowing next spring.

I usually change it after the first use during the new season. No point in putting brand new oil in something that is going to sit and possibly get moisture in it.

I do every other year.
43.gif

I try to, but once in a while we go from mowing to snowing almost overnight, and then it is no longer practical. This was one of those years - I was running the mowers to clear leaves two weeks ago and now we are seeing the third snowfall in a week. I probably will change the oil if we get a warm spell between the holidays, otherwise it will wait until Spring.

Originally Posted By: Propflux01
Originally Posted By: exranger06
I change the oil once a year, right before I put it away for the winter.

This

This with a synthetic that is made for outdoor power equipment.

My mowers get stabil year round as who knows how long the jerry of gas will last. They get an oil change when I am up around the hours. I don't change for the season or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back