At the Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a movie or TV show ever inspired you to purchase a specific firearm? For instance, You bought an Automag because you saw Dirty Harry use it in "Sudden Impact"?

Last edited:
Tried to buy a Glock 7 after I left the movie theater where I saw Die Hard 2, LOL

But really, I do have a S&W model 29. Most likely it caught my interest over other 44's because of the Dirty Harry movies.

Last edited:
Although I have a Smith 629, it was an early Christmas present from the wife, and I always thought Redhawks were a little too big. Mine is the non underlugged version, which handles very well.

I never bought a firearm for me because of the movies, but my wife is a big John Wayne fan, and always wanted a lever action. I bought her the Davidson's Brush Gun version of the Mossberg 464.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Sonic
Tried to buy a Glock 7 after I left the movie theater where I saw Die Hard 2, LOL

But really, I do have a S&W model 29. Most likely it caught my interest over other 44's because of the Dirty Harry movies.
John McClane [Bruce Willis] used a Beretta 92 in the Diehard movies.

Last edited:
Can't say specifically that I bought my B92 because of the movies, but there were a number of things that lead up to it, including westerns.

Had it out at the range on Wednesday arv....and although .44Mag wasn't a western calibre, their ability to peel off shots and recovery time in the westerns are a little bit over the top.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Originally Posted By: Sonic

John McClane [Bruce Willis] used a Beretta 92 in the Diehard movies.

But the Glock 7 was the special porcelain gun that was undetectable by metal detectors!! Plus, I remember they said they were from Germany (not Austria).

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Can't say specifically that I bought my B92 because of the movies, but there were a number of things that lead up to it, including westerns.

Had it out at the range on Wednesday arv....and although .44Mag wasn't a western calibre, their ability to peel off shots and recovery time in the westerns are a little bit over the top.

The fast recovery time came because all the weight from the 60 rounds (at least!) in the magazine tube kept the muzzle down!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
The fast recovery time came because all the weight from the 60 rounds (at least!) in the magazine tube kept the muzzle down!
thumbsup2.gif

Ahhh, I forgot about that good point.

And the "kapow" type muzzle blast from their ammo would help...the .44 is a bit of a shock with no hearing protection on.

No, but I have an AKM "movie gun". These were 100% functional semi-auto AK rifles that were imported through GLNIC in the early 80's from China and were used in lot's of Hollywood productions of the time. Now, they are collector pieces and are nice in that they don't have ugly import marks.

mOitxmh.jpg

I wonder if anyone ever bought a Mauser M96 after watching the first Star Wars.
wink.gif

mauser.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
No, but I have an AKM "movie gun". These were 100% functional semi-auto AK rifles that were imported through GLNIC in the early 80's from China and were used in lot's of Hollywood productions of the time. Now, they are collector pieces and are nice in that they don't have ugly import marks.

mOitxmh.jpg

I wonder if anyone ever bought a Mauser M96 after watching the first Star Wars.
wink.gif

mauser.jpg

Well, obviously, the M96 was a copy. After all, it was a long, long time ago...

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Has a movie or TV show ever inspired you to purchase a specific firearm? For instance, You bought an Automag because you saw Dirty Harry use it in "Sudden Impact"?

Actually, the reverse happened. Back in the early 1990s, I had an Armalite AR-180, and noticed upon a subsequent re-watching of the Terminator, that it was used to shoot up the police station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back